2018-2020 XC to Indian challenger picture? | Page 2 | Victory Motorcycles: Motorcycle Forums

2018-2020 XC to Indian challenger picture?

Discussion in 'Victory General Discussion' started by Wardogg, Dec 18, 2021.

1. NY mike

NY mike Well-Known Member

Type of Motorcycle Currently Riding:
    Indian chieftain - Harley Ultra
    That pursuit looks like that I’m screwed. Price tags gonna be 33 to 34 without tax title and prep I’m betting any takers ? LOL

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. slickvic

slickvic Well-Known Member

2011 Cross Country
    I’m thinking challenger prices Mike. They wouldn’t dare give us a Victory clone then slap us in the face with a ridiculous price. If it’s equipped nicely and runs like it should and looks like that rendering ? I’d be buying my last motorcycle likely. Still won’t get rid of my Vic’s. They’re paid for and worth more to me than what anyone will pay for them.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. NY mike

Vic after looking at 2022 prices I’m telling you I’m in the ballpark. But being wrong would be my pleasure. A chieftain limited like mine is $29 G without title tax and prep. You add tourpak lowers heated grips and upgraded stereo as standard just like a RM my man your right there all day. As they say nicely appointed

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. slickvic

2011 Cross Country
    Yepper …. I believe your right. At demo day they had a few Challengers with different trim levels. RM’s also….. one of the upgrades I noticed (as all the bikes had tags on the tanks showing upgrades) was an electronic upgrade. It had all the top O the line Navigation and 6 speaker sound system upgrade. Have to say it sounded good and clear on the road. It’s a $5000 upgrade !!!!! Maybe there was more to it like paint and heat / cool seat but lord that RM bike was getting close to $40k.
    Then we rode two Challengers. 1 with factory stage 2 and cams. The other with air filter exhaust and flash. I was on the 2nd one and my buddy on the cammed one. He couldn’t pass me !!! And he was in sport mode while I was in standard mode. ( same hp just throttle response changes). The upgrades on his cammed version again over $5k. For a bike that won’t outrun the stock Challenger with some bolt ons. Personally I’d buy the base model and make it mine

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  5. NY mike

@slickvic that’s what I’m getting at. Bone stock 22 chieftain limited which is done fairly nice for 29. Put tax title & prep were at $31,500 $hits getting out of hand. Rear crash bars, Harley tourpak and foot boards for the Boss lady all I did with mine. I’m all in for 24,500 that’s tolerable in my book. Well the pursuit is supposed to have 3 levels. I’m thinking cheapest edition $30 all day minimum to start. And then it’s what will that give you.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  6. slickvic

2011 Cross Country
    No I want base $23999 model. I don’t need all the navigation and factory sound. Fancy wheels and paint. Give me black and a motor. I have fun making it mine. Did that with my 11XC but back then there were only 8 ball and XC. 2012 came the tour them Magnums as you know. At least Indian offered a base model. Not sure they do anymore.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  7. NY mike

I believe they still do Vic

8. slickvic

2011 Cross Country
    I remember when the magnums came out. The X1 was what I wanted. The wheels and the paint. The seat and the sound system. $24k !!
    I thought …… uhhh NO ! I’ll make mine better. Then the demise of victory and then the lie that they were worthless so of course the market followed suit. Then I found my damn near new X1 for $16k. Had to buy it. That was the one I always wanted.
    What I’m getting at is this. If your right and the prices are that high then I’ll be waiting again. Morally I can’t spend $30k on a bike. Especially if after a few short years with still low miles on the clock they drop so drastically in value. I never knew how a lot of my HD friends did it. Trade up every other year thinking the bikes were that much better.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. NY mike

I bought my 16 Magnum 1 yr old new 18g just as 17,s hit. 4 months later Adios were done !

10. ledzep

ledzep Active Member

2011 cross roads, victory fairing, 2" pullback bars, Lloyds drop in cams, timing wheel, IAC idle valve, lloyds exhuast gaskets, D and D pipes, 1/4 turn throttle ring, Barnette push and pull stainless throttle cables, PCV tuned by Klye KMC 120hp, 118 ft lb
    To be honest, this is the 4th time I've looked at these pictures in 8 hrs time and really like the looks of this bike. I wish they made this and without all the today's techy bullsh** with a price we can actually afford. They would fly out of the showroom floors!

• Agree Agree x 4
  11. KeepRidin!

KeepRidin! Well-Known Member

2017 Indian Chieftain
    A lot of the lines on the Challenger remind me of the Cross bikes

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. slickvic

2011 Cross Country
    Funny … I parked my Vic Magnum X1 next to an Indian challenger and the difference was night and day. The challenger had a Harley Rear end. It sat way higher. The tanks were a little similar but the win went to the Victory. The dash was from 2 different worlds. The front end from headlight to fender different. The seats different. The motors ? Sorry KR I didn’t see similarities. What I saw was something not Indian but definitely could have been a Victory. Just not a cross bike. More like a Cross dresser.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
  13. Obi Steve

Obi Steve Active Member

2013 HardBall. 2014 Flames High Ball
    Sorry Slickvic, had to use the dreaded redex. I dislike the hooks on the front of the front mudguard and the sharp points on the back of it so much that I put a Hammer front mudguard on the HardBall. It was a bit too Nessy for me.

• Useful Useful x 1
  14. slickvic

2011 Cross Country
    Gotta see pics but I like the Cross fenders. Still no reason to redex a brother Vogger for his likes ? Just comment on your likes and dislikes. Old slick would never redex anyone …..NOW TAKE IT BACK !!

• Funny Funny x 3
  15. ledzep

ledzep Active Member

2011 cross roads, victory fairing, 2" pullback bars, Lloyds drop in cams, timing wheel, IAC idle valve, lloyds exhuast gaskets, D and D pipes, 1/4 turn throttle ring, Barnette push and pull stainless throttle cables, PCV tuned by Klye KMC 120hp, 118 ft lb
    I see 3 to 4 different bikes in each picture. A Magnum in the 1st, a Challenger in the 2nd, and a Cheiften somewhat Harley rear. I'm not exactly sure what I'm seeing, but I know I like it.

• Agree Agree x 1