VOG Forum banner
21 - 40 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
12,865 Posts
@slickvic that's what I'm getting at. Bone stock 22 chieftain limited which is done fairly nice for 29. Put tax title & prep were at $31,500 $hits getting out of hand. Rear crash bars, Harley tourpak and foot boards for the Boss lady all I did with mine. I'm all in for 24,500 that's tolerable in my book. Well the pursuit is supposed to have 3 levels. I'm thinking cheapest edition $30 all day minimum to start. And then it's what will that give you.
No I want base $23999 model. I don't need all the navigation and factory sound. Fancy wheels and paint. Give me black and a motor. I have fun making it mine. Did that with my 11XC but back then there were only 8 ball and XC. 2012 came the tour them Magnums as you know. At least Indian offered a base model. Not sure they do anymore.

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
No I want base $23999 model. I don't need all the navigation and factory sound. Fancy wheels and paint. Give me black and a motor. I have fun making it mine. Did that with my 11XC but back then there were only 8 ball and XC. 2012 came the tour them Magnums as you know. At least Indian offered a base model. Not sure they do anymore.
I believe they still do Vic

·
Registered
12,865 Posts
I remember when the magnums came out. The X1 was what I wanted. The wheels and the paint. The seat and the sound system. $24k !!
I thought …… uhhh NO ! I’ll make mine better. Then the demise of victory and then the lie that they were worthless so of course the market followed suit. Then I found my damn near new X1 for $16k. Had to buy it. That was the one I always wanted.
What I’m getting at is this. If your right and the prices are that high then I’ll be waiting again. Morally I can’t spend $30k on a bike. Especially if after a few short years with still low miles on the clock they drop so drastically in value. I never knew how a lot of my HD friends did it. Trade up every other year thinking the bikes were that much better.

Reactions: Bikesofbrads

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
I remember when the magnums came out. The X1 was what I wanted. The wheels and the paint. The seat and the sound system. $24k !!
I thought …… uhhh NO ! I'll make mine better. Then the demise of victory and then the low that they were worthless so of course the market followed suit. Then I found my damn near new X1 for $16k. Had to buy it. That was the one I always wanted.
What I'm getting at is this. If your right and the prices are that high then I'll be waiting again. Morally I can't spend $30k on a bike. Especially if after a few short years with still low miles on the clock they drop so drastically in value. I never knew how a lot of my HD friends sit it. Trade up every other year thinking the bikes were that much better.
I bought my 16 Magnum 1 yr old new 18g just as 17,s hit. 4 months later Adios were done !

·
Registered
397 Posts
To be honest, this is the 4th time I've looked at these pictures in 8 hrs time and really like the looks of this bike. I wish they made this and without all the today's techy bullsh** with a price we can actually afford. They would fly out of the showroom floors!

·
Registered
12,865 Posts
A lot of the lines on the Challenger remind me of the Cross bikes
Funny … I parked my Vic Magnum X1 next to an Indian challenger and the difference was night and day. The challenger had a Harley Rear end. It sat way higher. The tanks were a little similar but the win went to the Victory. The dash was from 2 different worlds. The front end from headlight to fender different. The seats different. The motors ? Sorry KR I didn't see similarities. What I saw was something not Indian but definitely could have been a Victory. Just not a cross bike. More like a Cross dresser.

Reactions: Bikesofbrads

·
Registered
516 Posts
Only thing I would change is the front fender. Has to hug the wheel all the way like the Cross / Magnum fenders. Arguably the best looking fenders ever on a motorcycle.
Sorry Slickvic, had to use the dreaded redex. I dislike the hooks on the front of the front mudguard and the sharp points on the back of it so much that I put a Hammer front mudguard on the HardBall. It was a bit too Nessy for me.

·
Registered
12,865 Posts
Sorry Slickvic, had to use the dreaded redex. I dislike the hooks on the front of the front mudguard and the sharp points on the back of it so much that I put a Hammer front mudguard on the HardBall. It was a bit too Nessy for me.
Gotta see pics but I like the Cross fenders. Still no reason to redex a brother Vogger for his likes ? Just comment on your likes and dislikes. Old slick would never redex anyone …..NOW TAKE IT BACK !!

·
Registered
516 Posts
Gotta see pics but I like the Cross fenders. Still no reason to redex a brother Vogger for his likes ? Just comment on your likes and
I don't want you to
Gotta see pics but I like the Cross fenders. Still no reason to redex a brother Vogger for his likes ? Just comment on your likes and dislikes. Old slick would never redex anyone …..NOW TAKE IT BACK !!
Hey Slickvic, when I activate the red X icon, a label pops up that says "disagree". Does you screen show something different?
In case it does, let me say I just wanted to disagree with you, not carve a bleeding cross into your chest. How about I divert it into an oil thread, and ask if anyone recommends the Redex oil treatment? Or I could blame it on a few too many of our local beers, which round here are labelled with 4 red exes.

·
Registered
12,865 Posts
You keep that red ❌ there my friend. There’s plenty of room on this tough skin for a branded X too.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Just tried to load a pic, but it didn't like the file extension, s here's one of the whole bike. Might roll it out into daylight and take a close up of the front end.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,148 Posts
Morally I can't spend $30k on a bike. Especially if after a few short years with still low miles on the clock they drop so drastically in value. I never knew how a lot of my HD friends did it
Yup, What is I'll take a 2-4 yr old nicely upgraded garage princess at 1/2 price for win Alex. I got buddies that do that too, with bikes, boats, lawn mowers, clothes and automobiles.....it's really no secret how they do it = lots n lots of debt......real question is why = so strangers think your doing very well financially, fine wine taste on an Old Milwaukee budget and living on credit cards hahaha

put a Hammer front mudguard on the HardBall.
Man I knew something was very different but couldn't figure out what, thought maybe was the upside down effect

I see 3 to 4 different bikes in each picture. A Magnum in the 1st, a Challenger in the 2nd, and a Cheiften somewhat Harley rear. I'm not exactly sure what I'm seeing, but I know I like it
Same here, depending what day & my mood I see different inspirations

• Haha
Reactions: Obi Steve

·
Registered
516 Posts
You keep that red ❌ there my friend. There's plenty of room on this tough skin for a branded X too.
I used to know a girl who would have loved to help you with that. A very long time ago, I ran with her for a while, learnt a lot, but it got very weird very quickly.
1970s Adelaide was a strange town under its very respectable surface.
The smell of sizzling skin......
I drew the line at some ink, pierced ear and foreskin. Might still get some more ink.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Only thing I would change is the front fender. Has to hug the wheel all the way like the Cross / Magnum fenders. Arguably the best looking fenders ever on a motorcycle.
Hey Slick, I cropped the pic to better show the HardBall with Hammer guard and wideglide fork gaiters. I do really like the rear guard, but think they missed a chance to clean up the saddlebag mounts so it would still look good with the bags removed.
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Motorcycle Plant

·
Registered
12,865 Posts
Hey Slick, I cropped the pic to better show the HardBall with Hammer guard and wideglide fork gaiters. I do really like the rear guard, but think they missed a chance to clean up the saddlebag mounts so it would still look good with the bags removed.
View attachment 590093
Looks good on the HB. Without the fairing it's more proportional to the front end of the bike.

·
Registered
20 Posts
The Indian Pursuit is scheduled to debut in January 2022.

·
Registered
12,865 Posts
The Indian Pursuit is scheduled to debut in January 2022.
No teaser videos ? Nothing mentioned at the wigwams and the demo truck was just here a couple weeks ago. Nothing said. Everyone thinks I'm crazy when I mention it.

21 - 40 of 58 Posts