VOG Forum banner
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All,

So, several years ago before our beloved VIC's were castaway by Polaris a friend of mine, who knew a guy, who knows a guy that robbed somebody once (worked for Polaris), showed me a rendering of what the 2018-2020 XC was supposed to look like. It would later become the Indian Challenger that is currently out.

I know its probably a shot in the dark but does anyone happen to have a copy of said rendering? My buddy no longer has it unfortunately and that guy that he know swears he never showed it to him.

Reactions: Bikesofbrads

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Don't have it. But I remember it and I did have it at one time. But the one I had was not with a fork mounted fairing. It was similar to my magnum fairing
I think I remember seeing something like that too...the hunt continues and now possibly has a second quest.

·
Registered
4,290 Posts
I
Hey All,

So, several years ago before our beloved VIC's were castaway by Polaris a friend of mine, who knew a guy, who knows a guy that robbed somebody once (worked for Polaris), showed me a rendering of what the 2018-2020 XC was supposed to look like. It would later become the Indian Challenger that is currently out.

I know its probably a shot in the dark but does anyone happen to have a copy of said rendering? My buddy no longer has it unfortunately and that guy that he know swears he never showed it to him.
Remember the picture --- not a fixed frame mounted fairing, though, as I recall.
I never found it when I searched a few years back.

We all know that Victory stuff went forward into Indian. I just wish they had kept Vic as a performance brand or sub-group of Indian.

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
I just wish they had kept Vic as a performance brand or sub-group of Indian
I haven't given up all hope, at some point, in some way, the Victory name will reappear in some form on another bike. I just hope they don't disgrace the name like Chevy did to the Nova's in the 80's

Reactions: ForestGiant

·
Registered
4,290 Posts
I haven't given up all hope, at some point, in some way, the Victory name will reappear in some form on another bike. I just hope they don't disgrace the name like Chevy did to the Nova's in the 80's
The Indian Challenger is surely a Victory rebadged.
I took the first one my dealer had for an hour.

If you had blindfolded me (not good on a motorcycle!) I would have thought I was on my Vic.

Victory had hard edges, performance.... Indian is headed that way.

I'm not loving all the tech gadgets, but I guess that is what people want.

I prefer a simple, reliable, good looking bike.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Toy

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
  • Agree
Reactions: ForestGiant

·
Registered
12,866 Posts
If they build these I would call them …… ummmm…… let's see…….. ok this should work …….. Victory Pursuit !!! Oh wait it's Indian now …… ok …… Indian Pursuit !!
Yeah Victory Pursuit sounds way better.

·
Registered
12,866 Posts
I'd been all over that too, that's sharp as fuk
I would too. That is exactly what they need to build. Look at it. Same headlight configuration as the Challenger but in a batwing type fork mounted fairing. Very Indian Elite / Cross / Magnum looking bike with what motor ??
The power plus. Big bags and low to the ground !!! POLARASS!!!!! Wake the FUK UP !

·
Registered
12,866 Posts

·
Registered
458 Posts
I would too. That is exactly what they need to build. Look at it. Same headlight configuration as the Challenger but in a batwing type fork mounted fairing. Very Indian Elite / Cross / Magnum looking bike with what motor ??
The power plus. Big bags and low to the ground !!! POLARASS!!!!! Wake the FUK UP !
If Victory had built that bike I would have one in the garage right now. The only thing the Pursuit will have the same unfortunately is the PP108. Polaris will stick all there HD copied fairing, bags, fenders, wheels, rear lights etc. on it. So it will basically be a street glide with a PP108. I have zero interest in that.

·
Registered
12,866 Posts
We will have to wait and see I guess. Who knows maybe they change it up a little.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
If they build these I would call them …… ummmm…… let's see…….. ok this should work …….. Victory Pursuit !!! Oh wait it's Indian now …… ok …… Indian Pursuit !!
Yeah Victory Pursuit sounds way better.
Yes indeed. The Challenger fairing was influenced by this. Maybe we should get a petition going and send it off to Indian to build this bike. If Bikendad is correct, the Pursuit will be a full on tourer Roadmaster.

·
Registered
12,866 Posts
That pursuit looks like that I'm screwed. Price tags gonna be 33 to 34 without tax title and prep I'm betting any takers ? LOL
I'm thinking challenger prices Mike. They wouldn't dare give us a Victory clone then slap us in the face with a ridiculous price. If it's equipped nicely and runs like it should and looks like that rendering ? I'd be buying my last motorcycle likely. Still won't get rid of my Vic's. They're paid for and worth more to me than what anyone will pay for them.

Reactions: jwfuchs1

·
Registered
3,482 Posts
I'm thinking challenger prices Mike. They wouldn't dare give us a Victory clone then slap us in the face with a ridiculous price. If it's equipped nicely and runs like it should and looks like that rendering ? I'd be buying my last motorcycle likely. Still won't get rid of my Vic's. They're paid for and worth more to me than what anyone will pay for them.
Vic after looking at 2022 prices I'm telling you I'm in the ballpark. But being wrong would be my pleasure. A chieftain limited like mine is $29 G without title tax and prep. You add tourpak lowers heated grips and upgraded stereo as standard just like a RM my man your right there all day. As they say nicely appointed

·
Registered
12,866 Posts
Vic after looking at 2022 prices I'm telling you I'm in the ballpark. But being wrong would be my pleasure. A chieftain limited like mine is $29 G without title tax and prep. You add tourpak lowers heated grips and upgraded stereo as standard just like a RM my man your right there all day. As they say nicely appointed
Yepper …. I believe your right. At demo day they had a few Challengers with different trim levels. RM's also….. one of the upgrades I noticed (as all the bikes had tags on the tanks showing upgrades) was an electronic upgrade. It had all the top O the line Navigation and 6 speaker sound system upgrade. Have to say it sounded good and clear on the road. It's a $5000 upgrade !!!!! Maybe there was more to it like paint and heat / cool seat but lord that RM bike was getting close to $40k.
Then we rode two Challengers. 1 with factory stage 2 and cams. The other with air filter exhaust and flash. I was on the 2nd one and my buddy on the cammed one. He couldn't pass me !!! And he was in sport mode while I was in standard mode. ( same hp just throttle response changes). The upgrades on his cammed version again over $5k. For a bike that won't outrun the stock Challenger with some bolt ons. Personally I'd buy the base model and make it mine

·
Registered
3,482 Posts
@slickvic that's what I'm getting at. Bone stock 22 chieftain limited which is done fairly nice for 29. Put tax title & prep were at $31,500 $hits getting out of hand. Rear crash bars, Harley tourpak and foot boards for the Boss lady all I did with mine. I'm all in for 24,500 that's tolerable in my book. Well the pursuit is supposed to have 3 levels. I'm thinking cheapest edition $30 all day minimum to start. And then it's what will that give you.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts