VOG Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our Local what a local 1 day at Sturgis looks like in WA during the biggest 1 day run.

Attachments

·
Registered
8,141 Posts
I keep swearing I'm going to go, but it's usually raining, and this year it was in the 60's and nice but I was working on my jeep and preparing vehicles for winter.
Perhaps next year!

·
Registered
15 Posts
I saw so many bikes crossing the border yesterday when I had to run into Bellingham. I'm signing up for updates next year so I know when it's on. I was hurting watching everyone riding and I'm in my cage lol.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I would guess no less than 40,000 bikes attended...I am going to look for stories to see if they had recorded attendance

·
Registered
4,556 Posts
thx

·
Registered
167 Posts
I keep swearing I'm going to go, but it's usually raining, and this year it was in the 60's and nice but I was working on my jeep and preparing vehicles for winter.
Perhaps next year!
Are you going this year ?

·
Registered
8,141 Posts
Are you going this year ?
I'm working towards it. My bike is filthy after 6,600 mile trip. I was wanting to change out the rear tire, but stuff around the home is taking up all my free time so I may nix the tire swap until afterwards. I got rained on so often on the trip that I think I'd go even if it was poring down mist! Lol!

·
Registered
167 Posts
I'm working towards it. My bike is filthy after 6,600 mile trip. I was wanting to change out the rear tire, but stuff around the home is taking up all my free time so I may nix the tire swap until afterwards. I got rained on so often on the trip that I think I'd go even if it was poring down mist! Lol!
I completely understand the homestead work, last summer Teresa and I undertook a complete exterior re do of our 1913 2 story farm house that still had original windows and siding, we stripped the home down to the bare studs and replaced any bad studs then reframed the window openings 14 of them installed new Milgard windows then added insulation as there was none and added ventilation to the gable ends , added plywood to the walls , Tyvec wrap and got the siding on 2/3 of the house before the rains hit and now finishing up the remainder this year along with the new porch because it was rotten down to the joists. saved $$$$$ doing it our selves.
All that being said we are making every effort to ride into Anacortes and see what there is to see, if we can meet up and finally shake hands it sure would make my day.

·
Registered
8,141 Posts
All that being said we are making every effort to ride into Anacortes and see what there is to see, if we can meet up and finally shake hands it sure would make my day.
That would be cool.
I've been wanting to meet you too.
Are you guys located out of Skagit or Whatcom?

·
Registered
167 Posts
That would be cool.
I've been wanting to meet you too.
Are you guys located out of Skagit or Whatcom?
North Snohomish County, between Arlington & Bryant on Hwy 9. It is high time we meet!

·
Registered
167 Posts
Yup. I'm in. Would love to put faces to names and get to know a few of you.
Jim
Sounds good to me. Same for you as Robert , when I find out more on when our leave Arlington time will be I can text you our approx arrival time in Anacortes so we can meet and maybe go for a ride. I tend to not stay more than an hour or two ( 20+ ) Oyster runs for me. Take off and find some lunch and go for a nice ride. 425-314-3522 give me a text sometime so I know your number if I don't know who is calling I likely will not answer.

Reactions: primethious
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.