VOG Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone I added to the stable and recently purchased a 2017 cross country! One thing i immediately noticed is the wind hits me directly in the face. anything over about 45/50 MPH I struggle to hear the radio. Im 6' tall and have been searching the forum looking for a answer. I see alot of good reviews on the Klockwerks flare but the only one I seem to be able to find online is the Low. I could be wrong but I think that is shorter than the stock one so that would make the wind worse. has anyone found a site to buy the normal sized flare?

Thanks and safe riding

·
Registered
5,092 Posts
Amp and speaker upgrade? If you have no buffeting now, fix the stereo not the wind management!

Reactions: Cayoot

·
Registered
820 Posts
Madstad brackets and windshield

• Winner
Reactions: Fishtale_19

·
Registered
12,831 Posts
The short one is supposed to perform the same as the original. So says the site. It’s the flip the jumps the wind over your head. Being 6 foot you may require something taller. Windvest also offers different heights of shied.
I recently purchased from long ride windshields. They too have different height available and make a very nice shield. Honey is pleased with hers on her Magnum.

·
Registered
4,463 Posts
If you can live with the looks of the MadStad system, that's going to be the best option for ridding the most buffeting. You can play with that shield and dial it in just right for you and your riding position. However, if you're like some you can't stand the looks of that windshield "system".

I did a lot of research before I pulled the trigger on a new shield. I read a post where a forum member had went through 3 different shields prior to getting a 7jurock flip. He loved the 7jurock and wished he had started with that one instead of pissing away money/time on the others. Thus that's exactly what I ended up doing and have never looked back. While riding out West back in 2015 I bumped into a fellow Victory owner. He asked about my shield because he had the same issue; he had purchased two aftermarket and hated them both.

Just know that shields are different for the Tour model vs standard cross country. This is because the mounting brackets are different between the two models. I think you would be thrilled with a 13" flip in light grey. That's what I own (design A) and I am down to 6-1" tall (no more rounding up to 6-2").

7JuRock

·
Registered
264 Posts
Pics?

·
Registered
441 Posts
Hey everyone I added to the stable and recently purchased a 2017 cross country! One thing i immediately noticed is the wind hits me directly in the face. anything over about 45/50 MPH I struggle to hear the radio. Im 6' tall and have been searching the forum looking for a answer. I see alot of good reviews on the Klockwerks flare but the only one I seem to be able to find online is the Low. I could be wrong but I think that is shorter than the stock one so that would make the wind worse. has anyone found a site to buy the normal sized flare?

Thanks and safe riding
Klockwerks Flare is about 2" taller than the stock screen. Not a bad choice, but by itself will not fix buffeting issues on the XC.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Reactions: Known1

·
Registered
121 Posts
I have the stock windshield off a 2015 CCT with brackets just collecting dust in my garage. PM me if you want it.

·
Registered
54 Posts
The short one is supposed to perform the same as the original. So says the site. It's the flip the jumps the wind over your head. Being 6 foot you may require something taller. Windvest also offers different heights of shied.
I recently purchased from long ride windshields. They too have different height available and make a very nice shield. Honey is pleased with hers on her Magnum.
I have both windshields and I can definitely say the short one does NOT perform the same as the original lol There's a difference in wind impact and you can really tell when it's raining. I use my shorty in the hot summer and switch back to the 11" in the cooler months

·
Registered
12,831 Posts
Well that settles it ...... I’ll keep my standard KW shield. If I want a new one then the one on my wife’s Magnum will be the one. Long ride 8”.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Has anyone noticed difference in buffeting or handling in general with standard or flip shields? I had purchased a KW flip and am looking to purchase a taller 7Jurock shield for the buffeting. Just debating on a 11-13" shield.

·
Registered
19 Posts

Thanks and safe riding[/QUOTEi bought my cross country 2

Thanks and safe riding
i have spent hundreds and hundreds of dollars trying to get rid of buffeting on this bike. Pretty much every windshield and heights available. Different combinations of sheilds with lowers, without lowers, with and without closeouts, different mirrors, fairing lowers. I have tried it all. Trust me get the madstad windshield with the cutout and brackets. All buffeting gone. Quiet and smooth. This is the only thing that works on this bike. Best money you will ever spend

·
Registered
404 Posts
I'm 6'3" on a CCT. First I cut down the stock by 3" to look over, but wasn't happy. I then bought a LRS 14" recurve, but didn't like the distortion caused by the recurve. Lastly I bought a 13" tinted Madstad and it's a winner. The adjustability sold me because you can dial it in to see over and stop buffeting.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.