VOG Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now I've tried a pretty comprehensive search of the web as well as on here and I haven't been able to track down the information I've been chasing.

Does anybody know what differences in the running gear there may be between a 2016 and 2017 Highball? As far as i knew they both ran the 4 pin O2 sensor and the only real changes on the steel frame models was a paint scheme.

I've emailed a few different outlets and so far only dynojet themselves have reached out. I'd just like to clarify that I totally understand that workshops/retailers are busy trying to earn and living and I do not in any way expect them to drop everything in order to email a random ass dude in Australia who's confused about a PCV.

I'll provide an email I sent to a workshop which will have all the details;

I have searched around and sent out emails to a few different retailers about the PCV that suits the 2017 106" victory models and nobody can give me a straight answer.

The 2017 model has the part number: 19-047 where as the 2016 PCV has the part number: 19-040 (which has adjustable ignition timing). From my understanding, the 2016 and 2017 models were identical in running gear, both running 4 pin O2 sensors.

The problem I have is that I own a 2017 highball and according to the information I've come across, the correct PCV wouldn't allow adjustment of the ignition timing which is a real pain in the ass because living in Australia gives me 98 octane gas on pump.

I asked dynojet themselves about using the 2016 unit instead and they said -"It would work as a fuel modifier only, as long as you keep its ignition coil connectors completely unplugged form the bike's ignition coil. The 19-047 unit is the exact same thing, but the ignition coil connectors have been physically removed from the wiring harness by Dynojet."

Do you know if victory changed anything between the 2016 and 2017 year models that would constitute the new PCV not having ignition control? Dynojet tried to convince me of a power vision but i plan on going with a quick shifter later on so it's not a possibility.

If anybody could provide me with any information, that would be awesome as I'm went the wrong route with a cobra fuel tuner (please be gentle on the roasting) and I'm now wanting all the mods I've fitted to bring the most out of the bike.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
181 Posts
Have installed multiple 19-047 PCV for 2017 Vic's. They do not have ignition control, there is not even a connector that runs inline with the coil assemble. In 2017 Vic changed ecm programing that causes a conflict when hooking into the ignition. However we have also had Lloydz reflashed a couple of 2017 ecms and this will allow the use of the old PCV with the 2017 as long as you use the O2 simulators.

Have some 2017 examples on my FB page Hammered Steel Performance.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do you think it's really worth sending the ECM all the way from Australia and mess around with O2 simulators? Or are the gains from advancing the ignition not really that prevelant?

Thanks for the reply dude, this has been driving me nuts for weeks now!

·
Premium Member
7,876 Posts
say if your not doing cams don't waist money on a PCV. If you do go to Lloydz tell them all your mods and they will put a map in it before they send it to you.
Your bike will run fine if you change pipes

·
Registered
181 Posts
Not sure of your goals, but you should plan your desired outcome; outline parts required. Then if you cannot accomplish it all at once aquire parts in a logical sequence. A reflashed is just an option, but a time wheel and a 19-047 will cover pretty darn well as a solid foundation for all future mods.

·
Registered
7,186 Posts
Personally I'd go with a Maximus ECM flash tuner.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.