VOG Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased a replacement LED headlight for my 2016 Vegas (fitment specified 2016). Upon inspection the unit fits a diamond shaped housing whereas the 2016 Vegas has a roundish form factor. My bad for not checking carefully. Is there a replacement LED headlight that fits the 2016 Vegas headlight housing?

·
Registered
7,071 Posts
A 5.75" round light is needed.

I ordered mine from Vicbaggers

·
Registered
7,071 Posts

·
Registered
7,071 Posts
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive lighting Automotive tire

Reactions: bikendad and RickB

·
Registered
7,071 Posts

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
7,071 Posts
It has a H4 plug so should work. As CPT PYRO noted, you will likely have to cut off parts of the rubber gasket (three protruding tabs) to fit. I did.
Without a doubt, you'll have to trim the rubber gasket a substantial amount to get it to fit....

Reactions: Bmcdivitt

·
Registered
184 Posts
Make sure you can still get a new gasket before you trash the one in the bike. The light is acceptable, but it isn't great. I'm still looking for a better option so I don't need auxiliary lights.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hola, just gonna throw in my thoughts/ 2 cents in........

I bought the JW speaker 7" 8700 for my '05 Vegas. JW Speaker also offers a 5.75. I really like this headlight!! It sucked riding at night with the original headlight even on high beams. Now I get cars flashing back at me when I'm heading towards them.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Installing the 5.75" headlight from vicbaggers, you weren't kidding about shaving the rubber gasket down, where the light slides into the groove on the rubber gasket on the factory light it like 1/4" where as the new light it almost a 1/2". Stop me if i'm doing something wrong but it looks like you really gotta trim out this gasket to make it work.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I purchased a replacement LED headlight for my 2016 Vegas (fitment specified 2016). Upon inspection the unit fits a diamond shaped housing whereas the 2016 Vegas has a roundish form factor. My bad for not checking carefully. Is there a replacement LED headlight that fits the 2016 Vegas headlight housing?
Nice bike! I have the same one! Also sunset red

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.