VOG Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Call me crazy, however have you tried painless rent repair. While it is hard to tell the extent of damage ie sharp crease etc. I have had some luck with dent pulled using glue gun and tools provided with kit like the one harbour freight sells. I was able to pull dents in my Grandsons 250 Rebel some whole had smashed the top down with a fist, hope he broke some bones. Took a while to work at it but turned out fine. My grandson sold the Rebel and now rides the Octane I gave him. No pictures, time to use ones imagination. Just an option. Another option is to use a stud welder with slide hammer to raise dents, then a little body filler and paint.

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
I had a couple of dents taken out of a tank from one of those paint less dent repair places. Was a neat process. No glue, just took off the gas cap and worked them out from the inside using a couple of different curved tools with rounded ends.

granted, the dents were smaller than the OP, but when he was done, you could not tell there were ever dents there.

curious to know what happened though. Something fall on the tank?

·
Registered
6,656 Posts
Reactions: Memphis Mike

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I had a couple of dents taken out of a tank from one of those paint less dent repair places. Was a neat process. No glue, just took off the gas cap and worked them out from the inside using a couple of different curved tools with rounded ends.

granted, the dents were smaller than the OP, but when he was done, you could not tell there were ever dents there.

curious to know what happened though. Something fall on the tank?

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Jeez it's like pulling teeth with this guy!.....:banghead:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.