VOG Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few days ago, I rode the 14 XC about 50 miles then stopped for about an hour. When I restarted the bike it was very difficult to start and impossible to keep running at idle, pulsing between 500-800 RPM then dying. I used the throttle to keep engine RPMs up enough to get thru city traffic stops, starts, and shifts. When running at speed, the bike ran fine, and I made it home. The bike has about 24,000 miles on it and has never suffered a problem.

A lot of possible and common causes for poor idling ran thru my mind. VOG and Victory Forums searches suggested that resetting the idle air control valve might work. This is achieved by cycling the ignition then the run/stop switch three times. The reset fixed the problem. The problem has not recurred.

Keep this fix in mind if you encounter this issue.

·
Registered
4,555 Posts
I too have encountered this over the years, same thing I do to reset the IAC. It happens mostly when it is super hot and/or I've been sitting in heavy traffic and it's usually when stopping for gas or another short stop (<30 mins).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.