VOG Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
I cannot determine the cause. Have not changed tires, have not hit any potholes or other, all seems tight. Next step is to remove front tire and inspect. Any recommendations or ideas?
Tire wear or flat spot, check pressure? Out of balance? Maybe try some ride on or balance beads, something like that if you think it's out of balance. Good luck and welcome to the forum from NM.

·
Registered
7,536 Posts
On a slight incline apply your front brakes and see if you get any movement beyond just the shocks neck bearing looseness, jack up the front of your bike And check the wheelbearings to see if there’s any movement, It’s also possible you might have a little bit of a leak in the front shocks I would suggest now is the time to change the oil! Mho

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
On a slight incline apply your front brakes and see if you get any movement beyond just the shocks neck bearing looseness, jack up the front of your bike And check the wheelbearings to see if there's any movement...
Agreed... check yer triple-tree race 'n bearings.

Reactions: snobnd

·
Registered
232 Posts
If it happened all of a sudden I would suspect tire went bad. Busted cord er sumthin. Don't have ta hit nuthin. Tires have a mind of their own. Don't bet your life on it. Get a new front tire.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.