VOG Forum banner

2014 Cross Country

4K views 39 replies 15 participants last post by  Bikesofbrads 
#1 ·
Hi guys. I'm looking at a 2014 Cross Country. I've never owned a Victory before, but test rode the entire line many years ago at an event.

The one I'm looking at is at a dealer, I'm looking for any edge I can get before I show up. What is a fair price? NADA says $10,200? Any issues to look for? What kind of dealer support is there through Polaris?

The 2012 model offered a tour pack, but I haven't been able to find information on a pack for this year? Are they available? Interchangeable with the 2012 model? How about backrests for driver and passenger of the pack isn't available?

Thanks in advance guys/gals.

#3 ·
I'd throw up a link and let us see what you're looking at. We'll be able to tell you much more actually seeing it.

Yes, trunks are available and will fit all years. You may have to get it painted to match.

A driver's backrest is not an issue and I would suggest Utopia.

Passenger backrest are somewhat hard to find so that may be difficult to get.

I have no idea about dealer support as I don't use a dealer for service. No reason to now days. My bikes have only needed the usual oil, tires, brake pads.

#4 ·
I don't have a link right now. The dealer just got it a couple of days ago. (I was actually calling about a different Cross Country that has sold.) I'll upload the pictures they sent me.

Plus I'll show a link for another one I'm interested

Attachments

#6 ·
I haven't got a price yet, again. They say they just got it.

It won't let me link this other one so I'll post the pictures

On this it's a 2015, 39,000 Mike's. They are asking $10,000

Attachments

#7 ·
I haven't got a price yet, again. They say they just got it.

It won't let me link this other one so I'll post the pictures

On this it's a 2015, 39,000 Mike's. They are asking $10,000
You need more post before you can add links. The forum thinks your could be a spammer so it prevents it until several posts are made.

I like that red one. Looks very nice.

Reactions: Coastal Rider
#9 · (Edited)
If you are serious, the 15 XCT is the way to go. Has the trunk, lowers, heated seat and grips. That's 3k if you try and add later. 39k on these isn't but 8 oil changes and tires.

#10 ·
I'd go with the cross country tour (red one) just based on the photos if they are close in price. You would be getting much more for the money. The tour model also appears to have D&D pipes, some custom engine/primary covers and maybe even cams and Lloydz motor works goodies. Pull the left side cover when you are there to see if a fuel controller is there. I own one of the same color as the top one you shared.

this is mine.
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive fuel system

#11 ·
Well, unless something crazy happens I'll sign the paperwork for the 15 Cct. The negotiations ran past closing time, but I'm happy with the deal. They had a an identical model without the tour pack that was sold the same time I was there for $500 less than mine... so win for me. Thanks for the input and advice.

I didn't inspect it as much as I'd like so not sure if it has a fuel controller. I'm positive I wouldn't know what it looked like anyway since I've owned carbureted bikes lol

#14 ·
I definitely plan to do a lot of riding with it off. But I don't own a car, just bikes so the storage was definitely a seller.

Since I'll be upgrading to a much bigger bike, what size cover do I need? I don't have a garage and live 5 minutes from the ocean. Corrosion is a big deal here.

P.s. someone mentioned Simoniz.... never hears of it. Any of you guys use it? Or have it professionally done?

#13 ·
Any issues to look for? What kind of dealer support is there through Polaris?
Just the usual bad owner stuff, these bikes are solid. Support??? Not really needed if your handy enough to change ur own oil / filter, adjust a clutch cable & feel for worn bearings, absolutely love my 15 xct

#15 ·
CCT is what I have, 2012 and it currently has 65K miles, same belt, regulator, and all other parts it came with, plus a few extra. Cams and tune and LLoyd's other goodies. Lots of fun and great to ride. Wife and I have used it well. At under 40K miles you should get a lot of time on that red one. Welcome, and enjoy.

One of the things I've heard about others using is pledge lemon wax spray. Say it polishes great, Maybe also protects?

#24 ·
The more you ride it, the more you will love it! Congrats!

#25 ·
Remember Vic's like rpm's, keep your shift points up. Learn to preload your shifts and the trans can become quite smooth. They are amazing machines. Have fun making it your own.

#26 ·
That is a beautiful bike, but who is that goofy dude standing next to your bike? :badgrin: Congratulations and welcome to the forum! :dance:

What you are really going to love about that bike is what happens when you get into the really twisty, windy stuff. You will not believe how well such a big bike handles and corners. Save your nickels and plan on cams and tune. That's where some real fun begins. Ride it often and enjoy. :clap:

#27 ·
@Coastal Rider Congratulations, that's a great looking scoot, don't lug the engine like you can on any other bike cause these 106's were engineered to run above 2500 rpm's. They may look gigantic but they'll rail corners like a sport bike but has more way class & style

#28 ·
Thanks guys. I really only got about a 20 minute ride in yesterday, and it was mostly straight lol.... but I did have a round about and was surprised with the balance. AZ fir shifting/RPMs, I've always been one to shift according to engine sound. O can tell already this thing is a beast. Going 50 in 3rd at only 3k RPMs. My Vulcan 800 would be in 5th lol. I don't know what preloading my shift points is, but I'll look into it haha

Side question, reading the owners manual (which came with the bike and is in excellent condition) it says I can adjust the brake pedal and shift pedal for length? I'm on the short side... is this an easy thing?

Another question... I need extra keys... can you get blanks online? I saw some on Amazon but not sure if they are good.

Thanks for all the answers, encouragement and support y'all

#31 ·
reading the owners manual (which came with the bike and is in excellent condition)
Everyone should, lots of great info in there like hopefully all the service / maintenance records, serial numbers, key numbers, list of extra goodies etc etc

I need extra ke
Is a small tag with key number you can have spare keys made from or a locksmith should be able to make you copies from your original. I wouldn't trust the amazon blanks & would rather pay lil extra to get the correct key the first time. I'd ask the dealership ( maybe they have the other set & forgot ) & even get ahold of the previous owner to get the bikes history. I'm sure they'd like to know who got their baby

#29 · (Edited)
@Coastal Rider the key is easy. KW14 is the key blank and it's available at any locksmith. Also on line, but probably cheaper at smith shop. The adjustments for controls are very simple and only requires a couple of tools. As you examine them, you will easily see how it works. You may have to reposition the shift cam on the shaft to make it work if you need to move the controls say, an inch or more. But, it's easy.

You can also adjust the passenger boards if needed.

I had two Nomads before the Vic. A 1500 and a 1600. The Vic made both of them seem clumsy and slow. Coming from the 800 Vulcan there's no comparison.

#30 ·
Hit the local locksmith/key maker. It's identical to the kawasaki kw14 or Yamaha yh47 key blank I think.

Changing the board location is pretty easy, the brake rear master is mounted to the right side so no major changes needed. You'll need to adjust the shifter linkage after moving the board on the left side. I think it's 1 m8 bolt on each side below the board, really simple.

#32 ·
One more thing about the key, look around under the side covers and in the wiring. My original owner had a hidden key that acutally saved my rear in the middle of Arkansas.

#34 ·
Look forward to:

I had a 2014 CC 8-BALL, met it's demise with 72,000 miles: ONLY oil changes and tires:dance:(now have 2016 CCT, LOVE my VICTORIES, that's why bought another one, now have 2, the other being a VEGAS 8-BALL :biggrin:)

TIP: when hit the "curvie's" might wanna add air to rear shock. I'm 195# and run around 50#. Enjoy the LEAN:devil3:

NOTE: Be prepared for GREAT info on here, NO STAR ratings....REAL tried and true ones. OH, and MIGHT run into a few smart butts on here, enjoy and return a comment, ALL can take:crackup::crackup:

#37 ·
I’m a big fan of my heel shifter. You can find the OEM ones (slim and doesn’t take up floorboard space) on eBay for like $60

#39 · (Edited)
Howdy there, u are in the USA, parts and other odds and ends be still available for the Victory brand for roughly now for 8 years, if parts are required, as u have done your homework on the Cross Country model u would have found out there are minimal issues with the VCC, are very sound motorcycle,my self I own a Victory Cross Country and before that had the Victory Jackpot, Polaris, did their homework when designing these MC's. Simple the best Iron Horse, on the black top, well thats my thoughts, any hows one would say you have done your homework on the Victory brand............Cheers Steve "Rags" Morris.............

Attachments

#40 ·
It’s the pretty farcle & blingy extra bits that’s gotten harder to find or have quite being made but all the mechanical / wear parts are plentiful. Tyres ( foreign folks ) tires, wheel bearings, brake pads / parts, regulators / rectifiers, starters, silly niods ( I’m an illiterate ) 40 amp breaker’s , fuel pumps / filters, a belt and other possible needed odds n ends are easily found.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.