VOG Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys. I'm looking at a 2014 Cross Country. I've never owned a Victory before, but test rode the entire line many years ago at an event.

The one I'm looking at is at a dealer, I'm looking for any edge I can get before I show up. What is a fair price? NADA says $10,200? Any issues to look for? What kind of dealer support is there through Polaris?

The 2012 model offered a tour pack, but I haven't been able to find information on a pack for this year? Are they available? Interchangeable with the 2012 model? How about backrests for driver and passenger of the pack isn't available?

Thanks in advance guys/gals.

·
Super Moderator
26,443 Posts
I'd throw up a link and let us see what you're looking at. We'll be able to tell you much more actually seeing it.

Yes, trunks are available and will fit all years. You may have to get it painted to match.

A driver's backrest is not an issue and I would suggest Utopia.

Passenger backrest are somewhat hard to find so that may be difficult to get.

I have no idea about dealer support as I don't use a dealer for service. No reason to now days. My bikes have only needed the usual oil, tires, brake pads.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'd throw up a link and let us see what you're looking at. We'll be able to tell you much more actually seeing it.

Yes, trunks are available and will fit all years. You may have to get it painted to match.

A driver's backrest is not an issue and I would suggest Utopia.

Passenger backrest are somewhat hard to find so that may be difficult to get.

I have no idea about dealer support as I don't use a dealer for service. No reason to now days. My bikes have only needed the usual oil, tires, brake pads.
I don't have a link right now. The dealer just got it a couple of days ago. (I was actually calling about a different Cross Country that has sold.) I'll upload the pictures they sent me.

Plus I'll show a link for another one I'm interested

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
26,443 Posts
I don't have a link right now. The dealer just got it a couple of days ago. (I was actually calling about a different Cross Country that has sold.) I'll upload the pictures they sent me.

Plus I'll show a link for another one I'm interested
It has apes and different mirrors.

It's missing the headlight trim surround.

The left side cover appears to be scuffed.

What are they asking?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I haven't got a price yet, again. They say they just got it.

It won't let me link this other one so I'll post the pictures

On this it's a 2015, 39,000 Mike's. They are asking $10,000

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
26,443 Posts
I haven't got a price yet, again. They say they just got it.

It won't let me link this other one so I'll post the pictures

On this it's a 2015, 39,000 Mike's. They are asking $10,000
You need more post before you can add links. The forum thinks your could be a spammer so it prevents it until several posts are made.

I like that red one. Looks very nice.

Reactions: Coastal Rider

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
You need more post before you can add links. The forum thinks your could be a spammer so it prevents it until several posts are made.

I like that red one. Looks very nice.
Yeah, I like it too, plus probably cheaper. Different dealer than the black one. I might give them a call and have them get it ready for a ride. I'm pre-approval so I can buy it outright

·
Registered
4,239 Posts
If you are serious, the 15 XCT is the way to go. Has the trunk, lowers, heated seat and grips. That's 3k if you try and add later. 39k on these isn't but 8 oil changes and tires.

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
I'd go with the cross country tour (red one) just based on the photos if they are close in price. You would be getting much more for the money. The tour model also appears to have D&D pipes, some custom engine/primary covers and maybe even cams and Lloydz motor works goodies. Pull the left side cover when you are there to see if a fuel controller is there. I own one of the same color as the top one you shared.

this is mine.
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive fuel system

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well, unless something crazy happens I'll sign the paperwork for the 15 Cct. The negotiations ran past closing time, but I'm happy with the deal. They had a an identical model without the tour pack that was sold the same time I was there for $500 less than mine... so win for me. Thanks for the input and advice.

I didn't inspect it as much as I'd like so not sure if it has a fuel controller. I'm positive I wouldn't know what it looked like anyway since I've owned carbureted bikes lol

·
Registered
238 Posts
You will be happier with the red one. The trunk and lower protection and extra storage come in handy plus you can always remove it to change the look. I drive mine without the trunk unless we are going on a trip. Trust us fellow XCT owners, you will love this bike. Good luck with the purchase.

·
Registered
4,114 Posts
Any issues to look for? What kind of dealer support is there through Polaris?
Just the usual bad owner stuff, these bikes are solid. Support??? Not really needed if your handy enough to change ur own oil / filter, adjust a clutch cable & feel for worn bearings, absolutely love my 15 xct

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
You will be happier with the red one. The trunk and lower protection and extra storage come in handy plus you can always remove it to change the look. I drive mine without the trunk unless we are going on a trip. Trust us fellow XCT owners, you will love this bike. Good luck with the purchase.
I definitely plan to do a lot of riding with it off. But I don't own a car, just bikes so the storage was definitely a seller.

Since I'll be upgrading to a much bigger bike, what size cover do I need? I don't have a garage and live 5 minutes from the ocean. Corrosion is a big deal here.

P.s. someone mentioned Simoniz.... never hears of it. Any of you guys use it? Or have it professionally done?

·
Registered
9,389 Posts
CCT is what I have, 2012 and it currently has 65K miles, same belt, regulator, and all other parts it came with, plus a few extra. Cams and tune and LLoyd's other goodies. Lots of fun and great to ride. Wife and I have used it well. At under 40K miles you should get a lot of time on that red one. Welcome, and enjoy.

One of the things I've heard about others using is pledge lemon wax spray. Say it polishes great, Maybe also protects?

·
Registered
364 Posts
2014 was the year they IDed a bunch of bikes with C Clip prone shafts or something. The info is located somewhere in this forum. I remember something was also said that they they basically caught them all or got them all fixed. It was an unofficial recall or something. Dont ask me anymore about it because thats all I rememeber!

·
Registered
12,859 Posts
Hi guys. I'm looking at a 2014 Cross Country. I've never owned a Victory before, but test rode the entire line many years ago at an event.

The one I'm looking at is at a dealer, I'm looking for any edge I can get before I show up. What is a fair price? NADA says $10,200? Any issues to look for? What kind of dealer support is there through Polaris?

The 2012 model offered a tour pack, but I haven't been able to find information on a pack for this year? Are they available? Interchangeable with the 2012 model? How about backrests for driver and passenger of the pack isn't available?

Thanks in advance guys/gals.
Welcome. What coast do you ride on ?

·
Registered
238 Posts
I definitely plan to do a lot of riding with it off. But I don't own a car, just bikes so the storage was definitely a seller.

Since I'll be upgrading to a much bigger bike, what size cover do I need? I don't have a garage and live 5 minutes from the ocean. Corrosion is a big deal here.

P.s. someone mentioned Simoniz.... never hears of it. Any of you guys use it? Or have it professionally done?
Not sure on a cover, my baby has her own room in my garage. As for wax I have been using Meguire's synthetic waxes for years on my bikes and trucks with great results. You have to be careful with waxes, some of them will turn black plastic a hazy white if you get it on there. Boy that sounded racist I better be careful myself LOL.................

·
Registered
12,859 Posts
East coast. North east Florida
South east Florida coast for me. Jupiter to Sebastian is my loop with the occasional trip to Daytona Cocoa and Melbourne. Good luck with your Victory.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.