VOG Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

Recently had a mechanic install the Barnett Scorpion Clutch into my 2013 CR Classic.

My Cruise Control no longer engages. I can turn on power at the switch (under throttle) and get the red "on" LED.
But when I try to set the cruise it won't engage/ does not activate the green cruise control indicator in my gauge cluster.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
456 Posts
Nothing to do with the new clutch cable. Did you just wash your bike?? If the bike gets wet often the cruise will not work until it dries out. The specific part that gets wet is on the right side of bike under the front part of the gas tank.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nothing to do with the new clutch cable. Did you just wash your bike?? If the bike gets wet often the cruise will not work until it dries out. The specific part that gets wet is on the right side of bike under the front part of the gas tank.
No washing/ rain rides in the last two months.

Was not sure if there was a wire loose after the mechanic opened my primary cover to install the new clutch pack?
Maybe something never got plugged back in?

·
Registered
6,712 Posts
There is a switch at the clutch lever that will disengauge the cruise when clutch lever is pulled in. Might want to check the connector by the lever and make sure switch isn't sticking etc.

·
Registered
8,141 Posts
There's also a molex plug connected to the throttle cable on the right side near the front of the gas tank.
Check to see if it's plugged in.
If the guy decided to adjust the throttle cables while he was at it and they weren't centered it may cause a cruise issue.

Are the brake lights working correctly?
If one is on the cruise won't engage.

·
Registered
4,555 Posts
Another quick check, make sure the cruise cable is attached to the bracket and the throttle body. After TVS did my cam job, I think they might have accidentally popped it out of the bracket because it was just laying beside the bracket. Snapped it into the slot and cruise came back. Granted, I'm not even close to knowing if they were over behind the right cheese wedge, but it's an easy visual check.

Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Crankset Bicycle part

Reactions: primethious

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello guys, my issue is that I had a throttle issue, so I chose to disconnect the wires under that tank. I like it that way. Seem as if the throttle was too sensitive. Anyway, now the cruise will not set. I did the self diagnose test that is posted on you-tube. All check out well again except for the throttle. When I am going down the highway, I turned the cruise, the indicator turns on but will not set. Could it be the clutch cable switch? if so, how do I check for it sticking?

·
Registered
6,712 Posts
Hello guys, my issue is that I had a throttle issue, so I chose to disconnect the wires under that tank. I like it that way. Seem as if the throttle was too sensitive. Anyway, now the cruise will not set. I did the self diagnose test that is posted on you-tube. All check out well again except for the throttle. When I am going down the highway, I turned the cruise, the indicator turns on but will not set. Could it be the clutch cable switch? if so, how do I check for it sticking?
Not sure what wires you disconnected. Can you take a picture and post it? If its the one on the throttle return cable switch the cruise wont work without it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.