VOG Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Interesting, Yesterday I traded bikes with a friend, we rode about 20 miles of interstate.
I first thing I noticed was how hard his clutch lever was to pull compared to mine.
When we traded back the first thing he asked me was if I had an ez pull clutch accessory installed on my bike.
I said no and asked if he had greased his cable ends and the lever pivot point. He services it regularly.

I have always found it interesting when people on here complain about the hard clutch lever pull when mine is so easy.
Now I know. Some are harder than others and I don't understand why.....

·
Registered
6,711 Posts
Interesting, Yesterday I traded bikes with a friend, we rode about 20 miles of interstate.
I first thing I noticed was how hard his clutch lever was to pull compared to mine.
When we traded back the first thing he asked me was if I had an ez pull clutch accessory installed on my bike.
I said no and asked if he had greased his cable ends and the lever pivot point. He services it regularly.

I have always found it interesting when people on here complain about the hard clutch lever pull when mine is so easy.
Now I know. Some are harder than others and I don't understand why.....
My 2015 has a stiffer clutch pull than my Dad's 2013, but mine has seen way more abuse than his.

I don't remember my 2013 CC being very stiff, but my Dad's bike still had a easier pull.

I do know a wrongly routed clutch cable can give you some unnecessary friction. Does your buddy have after market bars?

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No ,
stock bars

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
When I bought my 2011 CC used it had very hard pull. I tried cleaning and lube but ended up replacing the cable. Good ever since.

·
Registered
6,734 Posts
At 80k mine started getting stiffer so replaced with a Barnett cable and it's smoother than ever. Took old cable out of sheath and the Teflon coating on cable was worn throuh at the metal tube bend area.

Also had a friend that ran oil down cable to lube and it got very stiff within a few days and had to replace.

·
Registered
9,232 Posts
Yep, I just installed the Barnett replacement cable and it's easier and better than OEM. I noticed it is heavier and larger in diameter, and somewhat stiffer. Seems like a really nice replacement.

·
Registered
6,711 Posts
Yep, I just installed the Barnett replacement cable and it's easier and better than OEM. I noticed it is heavier and larger in diameter, and somewhat stiffer. Seems like a really nice replacement.
They will repair them for 10 dollars as well. I'm in the process of sending mine back. All you do is send the outer parts to them. Way better than paying full price. They still also make a universal emergency cable if you ask. If you keep your old housing then you won't be workout a bike until the new cable comes.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.