VOG Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
riding Wednesday I got 6 miles and front cylinder cut out. Changed plugs, same thing.
Checked plug, ok. Checked spark to plug, good spark. wire is good . battery is tight.
Fuel , not oil is coming out of tailpipe. Bike did get wet but ran great for 6 miles..
21452 miles, oil is full Bike has a Fi1000 controller, stage 1 setup.
HELP PLEASE

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
95% of the Vic's don't run good on a Cobra fuel control
Try unhooking and see how bike runs
Bike ran fine on that tuner for 1500+ miles. Trying to figure out why I am getting no ignition of fuel in front cylinder. Plug is new ,get spark off wire with plug attached,
Fuel vapors out of exhaust. Thinking my front injector is stuck open. No OV on speedo so I believe rectifier is good. Replaced it in Nashville when in fried due to high road temp .Kept blowing low beam. This controller has inline wires for injectors. Easily a 3-4 hour job.
I was getting 24 miles per gallon before controller and 46 mpg with it. I think water is shorting in a connector somewhere. I do all my own mechanical work since I was 14
Any ideas? My truck is in the body shop and dealer is 1 hr drive..

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Bike ran fine on that tuner for 1500+ miles. Trying to figure out why I am getting no ignition of fuel in front cylinder. Plug is new ,get spark off wire with plug attached,
Fuel vapors out of exhaust. Thinking my front injector is stuck open. No OV on speedo so I believe rectifier is good. Replaced it in Nashville when in fried due to high road temp .Kept blowing low beam. This controller has inline wires for injectors. Easily a 3-4 hour job.
I was getting 24 miles per gallon before controller and 46 mpg with it. I think water is shorting in a connector somewhere. I do all my own mechanical work since I was 14
Any ideas? My truck is in the body shop and dealer is 1 hr drive..
Ok, took out the Cobra Fi2000 and bike runs normal. Pops a lot going downhill or decelerating. Ordered a Maximus from 801. Can't wait. 22048 miles so far :)

·
Premium Member
7,876 Posts
Maximus is only for 2008 and up. All Vic's pop cause of the cheap ECM we have. Look for a PC111 and when you get one get bike dyno tuned. The dyno part is the big ticket

·
Registered
298 Posts
riding Wednesday I got 6 miles and front cylinder cut out. Changed plugs, same thing.
Checked plug, ok. Checked spark to plug, good spark. wire is good . battery is tight.
Fuel , not oil is coming out of tailpipe. Bike did get wet but ran great for 6 miles..
21452 miles, oil is full Bike has a Fi1000 controller, stage 1 setup.
HELP PLEASE
I put an Fi2000 on my 2013 8 ball and had the same problem. An error code, same as yours. It would occur on start up, when hot, after stopping briefly. I could make it and the check engine light go out by turning the bike off and restarting. I tried all kinds of combinations and couldn't make it stop. It didn't do it at every stop, and never did it when cold. It's a front cylinder lean condition I think from memory.

Anyway, the bottom line is,in my opinion, the Fi 2000 is not a good fit for the bike. I called cobra, tried to get some help, also found some fixes online, but none worked. So, I removed it and installed a PC V. No issues since. Plus I got a map that fits my bike.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.