VOG Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
7,011 Posts
I've been giving this some thought and although it's too late for the OP; it sounds like an issue with the compensator. The nut or bolt could have backed off a little or maybe wasn't torqued correctly. It's a known issue with HD's because it has happened often enough.

· Registered
7,011 Posts
It must be only on some of the early release 2011's because mine doesn't do it. At about 335 miles I started hearing a rattle but as the bike broke in; the chatter got less and less. It's barely there now and I have to force myself to hear it 'cause I just got use to it. Hope they take good care of you. There have been 10 or 20 bad compensator springs or whatever parts they are replacing to make them right.

· Registered
7,011 Posts
TFRacing said:
I purchased a 2007 Harley street glide. The tranny and other stuff made so many noises I sold it in eight months. In August, this year, I bought a 2001 V92C with 23K miles and loved it. Took it for a long ride. While on the ride we looked at the newer Victory bikes at a local dealer. Fell in love with the XC. The dealer had a couple 11's and some 12's. He made me, what I think, was a good deal on a 2011 White and silver. Got a 5 year warranty and a great discount, so I traded. The new bike has 900 miles as of this date.I hear the grinds and clanks. Reminds me of the Harley except I can use 6th gear at less then 90 mph. So far the bike is much smoother, less noisy and has more power. I'm hoping I didn't spend my money on a piece of junk. The 2001 V92C vibrated at 3100 pretty badly. The tranny rattled and grinded into gear. I was hoping the 2011 would be much better. Except for the whining the 11 sounds similar to 01. Please keep me informed and if need be email me with any concerns. I would love to hear about any issues. Also, if Polaris is going to be as bad as Harley when it comes to customer satisfaction, I'll sell the XC.
Uh... yeah. It doesn't work that way in any world I know of. It's up to you to keep up with what's going on. I don't remember this entire thread but there's a fix for that noise through your dealership. Consider yourself informed. Or, if you like, sell the XC to a more deserved person who will appreciate the machine for what it is. Sheesh. Comparing a Harley to a Victory is like comparing an old Japanese Zero to an F-22. About the only things they have in common is they both have wings and they fly. After that; the differences are stark. BTW; I love Harley's. May even have another someday for nostalgia's sake.

· Registered
7,011 Posts
dsjr70 said:
Cabin fever starting already? :)
Don't you know it! It's been almost two weeks since I've ridden. Hopefully tomorrow I'll have my current project buttoned up. Can't wait! Too many delays. I can't imagine living somewhere where I couldn't ride year round but I'm glad there are those who can. It would get mighty crowded down here in the sun belt otherwise.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.