VOG Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Anyone ever had an adjustable rear suspension link bend on you?
Well, I did today...
Previous owner installed it, so I’m not sure if it was of quality. Glad I made it home...

Does anyone know how tall a stock rear link is?
Does anyone have a stock one laying around they wouldn’t mind selling?

Thanks!

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
What the heck are you talking about?? Victories don't have pushrods. Are you talking about the shifter connector rod?

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
Not sure what using the actual part name has to do with San Francisco, but yes, the rear link

Redirect Notice
Nobody calls it a pushrod, even if the part is called that by polaris, so no one knew what you were talking about. Its known as a suspension link. Stock link will take the ride height to stock height. If you want it lower than stock, check out these offerings.

Victory Cross Country Adjustable Lowering Link
Lowering Link & Shortened Kickstand Adjustable in Lowering Links & Related - Victory Motorcycle Suspension Related Parts - Victory Cross Country - Shop Parts and Accessories - Your #1 Source for US Made, Custom Victory & Indian Motorcycle Parts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Nobody calls it a pushrod, even if the part is called that by polaris, so no one knew what you were talking about. Its known as a suspension link. Stock link will take the ride height to stock height. If you want it lower than stock, check out these offerings.

Victory Cross Country Adjustable Lowering Link
Lowering Link & Shortened Kickstand Adjustable in Lowering Links & Related - Victory Motorcycle Suspension Related Parts - Victory Cross Country - Shop Parts and Accessories - Your #1 Source for US Made, Custom Victory & Indian Motorcycle Parts
I understand, but when you go to find the part through victory, the actual name is used.

Anyhow, I'm looking to go back to stock; which is why I was curious of the stock height and if anyone has one laying around they wouldn't mind selling. Thank you for the links...

·
Registered
6,343 Posts

·
Registered
12,827 Posts
Go for the 1 “ lower kit from one of the vendors. It’s a solid piece and will not affect anything.
If your a shorter rider like my self 5’8” 30” inseam stock suits me fine but I would go to 1” non adjustable with no question.

·
Registered
8,141 Posts
I kept my stock link on my bike and when I replaced the shock with one from Custom Concepts my bike lowered. The old air shock was pumped up pretty good.
Have to admit I like the bike even better with it just a touch lower.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Go for the 1 " lower kit from one of the vendors. It's a solid piece and will not affect anything.
If your a shorter rider like my self 5'8" 30" inseam stock suits me fine but I would go to 1" non adjustable with no question.
Thanks for the recommendation, but I'm 6'0"

Im with you though, Im looking for a solid piece; which is why I'm leaning towards stock. I also have an 18" wheel in back, so I need all the clearance I can get

·
Registered
826 Posts
If I remember correctly there were some janky bad pushrods that someone came out with, had horrible welds and were breaking on people, been a few years ago though...

·
Registered
12 Posts
Anyone ever had an adjustable rear suspension link bend on you?
Well, I did today...
Previous owner installed it, so I'm not sure if it was of quality. Glad I made it home...

Does anyone know how tall a stock rear link is?
Does anyone have a stock one laying around they wouldn't mind selling?

Thanks!
If you haven't found one I have one for you. I lowered my 2016 xct 1 1/2 inches as I am 5'8". No problems.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.