VOG Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I test rode a 2011 Vision today with 26k miles o it...... It ran like a champ (all stock), handled, and rode..... Like a Vision. They're asking $9000 for it. I absolutely love riding a Vision, but I'm not 100% on the looks, and they are very squeaky when you're riding it. I am leaning toward buying it, but there's some hesitation in me because of the aforementioned issues.

·
Super Moderator
26,504 Posts
The squeaks are cancelled out by my pipes and stereo.

I can tell you in the Street configuration the squeaks are much less. Seems like most of them come from the trunk.

·
Registered
4,242 Posts
Sunset Red, love that color. My 12 was that. For me the Vision is a love/hate thing, you either like the looks or not. But as they say, can't see what it looks like when you are sitting on it.

·
Registered
140 Posts
It is a comfortable bike, rode 800 miles straight thru from americade a week ago on ours, 2-up pulling a trailer.. only thing that got tired was me,especially at night fall, by then had less than 100 miles left... squeaks or rattles (as I call them) are mostly from the trunk on mine over a rough bump, rough railroad crossings etc... going down the road on relatively smooth pavement I do not hear any rattles.. just the rough stuff.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The squeaks are cancelled out by my pipes and stereo.
This thing is totally stock.... What mufflers are you running ?

Sunset Red, love that color. My 12 was that. For me the Vision is a love/hate thing, you either like the looks or not. But as they say, can't see what it looks like when you are sitting on it.
I've been saying that !!

It is a comfortable bike, rode 800 miles straight thru from americade a week ago on ours, 2-up pulling a trailer.. only thing that got tired was me,especially at night fall, by then had less than 100 miles left... squeaks or rattles (as I call them) are mostly from the trunk on mine over a rough bump, rough railroad crossings etc... going down the road on relatively smooth pavement I do not hear any rattles.. just the rough stuff.
Already messaged Witch-doctors about the availability of the trunk filler panel.

·
Super Moderator
26,504 Posts
This thing is totally stock.... What mufflers are you running ?
Nothing crazy. Just factory Stage 1 pipes on one and Stage 1 Level 2 on the other. The Stage 1 were bought used and they may have been modified as they seem louder than other Stage 1 pipes and my Stage 1 Level 2, however I've never had it next to another Vision with Stage 1 to compare.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nothing crazy. Just factory Stage 1 pipes on one and Stage 1 Level 2 on the other. The Stage 1 were bought used and they may have been modified as they seem louder than other Stage 1 pipes and my Stage 1 Level 2, however I've never had it next to another Vision with Stage 1 to compare.
What do you mean "level 2"?

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The squeak you hear could be rear belt out of alignment. Dealer should fix it.
If it doesn't have new tire front and rear offer them $750 less. Lay of the floor and look at the rear tire and everything else
Tires look real good, and it's not belt squeak. It sounded like plastic panels rubbing together.

·
Super Moderator
26,504 Posts
It sounded like plastic panels rubbing together.
Oh it is, and they are. It's normal though. Going down the road I don't hear nothing but the motor and tunes. Like mentioned above I do hear them going over tracks and bumps but it's nothing to get me off of them. Hell, I bought two and will take a third.

·
Registered
3,420 Posts
I was initially on the fence with the “looks” too. But once I rode one (and realized the convertibility of the bike...tour or street mode), I was sold.

Love how they look without the trunk, but also like the convenience of the added space the trunk gives (like stowing your helmets).

Initially was interested in the CC, but got buffeting with it and like the frame mounted fairing for ease of steering.

Best bike out there...bar none.

Reactions: mister-g

·
Registered
65 Posts
View attachment 488147 I have this same bike and color. Bought it with 9300 miles, driver back rest, top and bottom deflectors, and Vic option gps 14 months ago for $9800. Now she has upwards 17,000 miles and absolutely no issues. Two things I really like is the ability to take off the trunk and the adjustable windshield.
She's a real joy to ride.

·
Super Moderator
26,504 Posts
If you shop around you can get both tires for under $400. Check rebates too. Metzler is good about giving them out. Just make sure you but then in the time window.

One of my last buys I found.
Tires before $50 dollar rebate card were $357 delivered in three days.
Install was $175
Have $532 in right now. After i get my rebate it will drop to $482.

Reactions: jmstang302

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
I test rode a 2011 Vision today with 26k miles o it...... It ran like a champ (all stock), handled, and rode..... Like a Vision. They're asking $9000 for it. I absolutely love riding a Vision, but I'm not 100% on the looks, and they are very squeaky when you're riding it. I am leaning toward buying it, but there's some hesitation in me because of the aforementioned issues.
I was in your shoes just a few months ago. The difference was I loved the look of the Vision but wasn't sure about the ride. I have that exact year and color and love it. In fact, I think it is just too dang pretty to ride sometimes. lol I have had several bikes over the years and they all have pros and cons. In my opinion the pros far outweigh the cons on this bike. It might have a little rattle here or there but there is a lot of plastic on this bike and you can't hear it most of the time. Every thing works great on this bike. It is a well engineered and well thought out bike from top to bottom. The only mod I have done so far is adding the LLoyds upper air filter and the Maximus tuner. If you are a laid back cruzer this mod is not needed at all but if you want to add great performance, I would highly recommend it. It has pros and cons but is a lot of bang for your buck. Good luck with your decision. I made mine and couldn't be happier.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.