VOG Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to VOG and glad to be a part!
Decision is made, next bike is Vision Tour!! Bike is on its way to the dealership.
Trading my Yamaha Silverado. Keeping the HD.
Question: Should I buy a 2010 or a new 2009 (will save on interest rate) only a month or two before 2011 comes out and....oops, be surprised with all the changes/price drop.....?
Any info on the 2011 Vision Tour?

·
Registered
6,128 Posts
First off, Welcome to the VOG. As for the question on a 2011 vs a new 2010 or a 2009, I would not be scared to jump on an older model bike. If there were some revolutionary changes coming to the Vision something would have leaked by now and to date I have not seen a single conversation about any off-the-wall changes coming.

·
Registered
4,867 Posts
Luv, welcome to the site, I wont perceive to guess your financial situation but Most things come to dollars and cents. As Mark eluded to I doubt there are any major changes from the 09 to the 11s Im pretty sure that with the deals you can get on a new 09 that is the way to go. Still a great bike and a savings to boot.
GL , let us know your decision and send in the pictures when you pick up the new ride.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

I Got it!I Got it! I Got it!
......and there are three words (letters) to discribe my new 2010 Vision Tour Black:
B. U. T.
Picked it up yesterday from our Victory store in Annapolis, Maryland. I've had sooooo many compliments already and LUV the bike!!!!

·
Registered
181 Posts
Welcome to the family. You won't be disappointed.

·
Registered
814 Posts
luv2ride said:
I Got it!I Got it! I Got it!
......and there are three words (letters) to discribe my new 2010 Vision Tour Black:
B. U. T.
Picked it up yesterday from our Victory store in Annapolis, Maryland. I've had sooooo many compliments already and LUV the bike!!!!
Congrats on the new bike. I hope you like the attention you're getting on the Vision because it won't wear off anytime soon. I've had mine since 08 and we still draw attention where ever we go.
Enjoy.

·
Registered
4,500 Posts
Welcome and congrats

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Thanks for all the good words.
Had a 250 miles weekend in the neighborhood and a short trip to Mt. Vernon, VA with the Missis.
Planning a bit longer trip for the 4th. Niagara Falls is the tentative destination. If not, shorter one day trips nearby.

·
Registered
189 Posts

The only problem that I have with my 08 Vision is that the short trips now, used to be the long ones before. It's that whole comfort thing the long range fuel tank and the tunes. Oh yea I forgot the handling stunning good looks and all the attention you are going to get. Welcome to the family of Visionaries comparitivly speaking numbers wise we are a rather select group of owners.
Ride the wheels off of it and enjoy.

·
Grouchy Old Member
7,250 Posts
oooppps congrats on the bike, I'm luving mine

·
Grouchy Old Member
7,250 Posts
luv2ride said:
Funny......not!
Most/all VV owners park their bike like that from time to time ;-)
Well??? What did you get the '11 Vision? Scarlet? 09' midnight cherry?
Blue/Sandstone '10?

Pix??

which dealer?,,,,,,,,,OK so I'm getting a little wound up,,,,maybe I shouldn't have two more cups of coffee after putting the boat away,,,,,

·
Grouchy Old Member
7,250 Posts
oooops again,,,,Black 2010 Vision from Chesapeake, U love it,, got it!

How has Chesapeake been to you btw?

I almost bought mine there but a kid named Zack kinda blew me off when I called and asked about a test ride, so i took my $20k+ up to Mechanicsburg, PA Great staff up there. apparently they like a customer who can decide in 10 minutes and lets them process the deal while he is on the test ride,,

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yeh, '10 VV and already have over 3K miles on it. I'm surprised, Zak the GM, Mike the owner and another Mike the service guy are really nice guys.
Had no prob with test ride. In fact, had two or three test rides. Of course, they ride with you (not on the same bike ;-)
Had prob changing oil myself a week ago, Mike the service guy helped me over the phone. First name basis, they remember me and my trips AND the one I took to Canada.....overall no problem at all.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.