VOG Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From About.com:

The 2011 Victory Cross Country features a standard AM/FM radio, cruise control, and lockable hard saddlebags. New for 2011 is an accessory trunk that can be installed and removed in seconds, as well as an available bolt-on heel shifter. Price is TBD.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
That was just about the color I was interested in painting mine this winter.

·
Registered
423 Posts
I wouldn't mind having it as long as you can put it on and take it off easily. I hope it comes in black cherry. I wonder how much is costs.

·
Registered
6,128 Posts
scottb said:
it looks good w/ the tour pack.but whats up with the leather bags.its different
New for 2011, they have several different options that can be changed on the bike and the leather bags is one of the options.

·
Registered
2,995 Posts
yeah the trunk is not the prettiest but it'll do what it needs to. Still looking for a price and availability on it.

Yes it's supposed to work on '10s wiring is supposedly already there for the tail light and speakers.

·
Registered
6,128 Posts
We both know that is just a matter of time before they put an electric windshield on this bike. I guess they felt they had enough bells and whistles this year to wait another year for that one.

·
Premium Member
3,850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

phoenix9 said:
We both know that is just a matter of time before they put an electric windshield on this bike. I guess they felt they had enough bells and whistles this year to wait another year for that one.
I really wish they would have included that feature on the 2011 Cross Country's as that two-tone white model is kinda talking to me.
I was spoiled by the Visions electric screen...it's hard to go backwards.

·
Registered
500 Posts
No 8ball so I might put this off a year, or at least until tax return time.

So for trunks we have our choice of a $1800 factory trunk no liner or $1000 Corbin that is lined. The Corbin is smaller but better styling to fit the bike. The factory trunk can hold two full face helmets but still rather square and doesn't really fit the style of the bike. So it really depends on what you prefer. Maybe someone will come out with one with better styling but works with the factory mounting hardware.

The soft bags look nice, I still would prefer the locking hard bags. But they look nice on the bike.

I can't wait to test drive one near the end of next month. Definitely want to check out the 6th gear. Glad I didn't rush into getting one. I usually hold off on 1st year models to see what tweaks get made. But I fell in love with the XC so it has been hard.

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
1750 for the trunk and 2100 if you want the arm rests. The arm rests look alright but 350 is a little steep.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Looks like the updated the freedom 106 engine also:

All-new Helical-cut gears reduce gear whine in fourth and sixth gearsAll-new Neutral Selection Assist helps you never miss neutral againNew mainshaft design reduces driveline lash by 66%Self-adjusting cam tensioners for more reliable performanceExtended oil-service interval for all models at 5,000 miles

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.