VOG Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got ran over by a car about 6 months ago and I am now recovered and waiting for my settlement, which should come soon. I have enough spare change when it gets here that I could get anything in the Victory lineup but I simply love the Vegas so that is my choice. That being said, has anyone bought or at least ridden the new 2011 Vegas 8-ball yet. I am psyced about the changes they made to it this year since the things they upgraded (106ci engine, 6 speed 100,000 mile tranie, ect.) were the things I thought the 8-ball got cheated out of in previous years. Basically what I am looking for is impressions of the 2011 so I can get some idea of what my dream bike will be like when I am finally sitting on it. Thanks for your impressions.

·
Registered
395 Posts
That's great that you are recovered and doing fine. I am sure I speak for fellow VOGer's that we are all glad you are wanting to get back in the seat. Of course you can't go wrong with a Vegas or any other Victory, please keep us updated on your Vegas decision and look forward to the pic's of your new VIC.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've got the Vegas and I love it! I'm only 5'4" so for me it fits very well. I love the way it handles and it will quickly overtake my husbands 08 Kingpin if I "accidently" let the throttle get away from me.

My husband is 5'11" and he loves the way feels. He would love to have the kingpins controls further forward like the Vegas.

·
Registered
148 Posts

My buddy bought a 2010 8 Ball, I personally have a 2009. The 2010 is an inch and a half lower than my 09 and the controls are, I think, an inch and a half pulled back. I'm 6'0'' and personally I prefer the controls forward farther. I don't know if the 2011 is the same as the 10 or not. Also, I do have very long arms and legs. I feel like the seat height is slightly more comfortable than my 2009, and the sides of the seat are shaved in a little bit so it doesn't bow your legs as much. I actually prefer the wider seat on my 09, but that's probably only because I have 7000 miles in that position. Everyone else who has ridden both of our bikes prefers his shaved seat.
I will say I'm pretty jealous of the 106ci and 6 speed. If I woulda waited another year and a half I coulda gotten that stuff, but oh well. I'll just have to buy another bike someday. =)
Hope this helps. I know you're talking about a 2011 and i'm talking about a 2010, but I'm completely assuming they didn't change TOO many things from 10' to 11. That said, you know what happens when I assume...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the encouragement and opinions. The 2011 does have the 2 inch pull back standard on all the models now. I talked to my local dealer and he said he can take the 2 inchs off of the handlebars and the foot controls at no cost which is exactly the way I want it. I can't wait till I can go plop the money down and ride away, this waiting is driving me crazy. Of course my wife doesn't drive so she doesn't understand the freedom and stress relief that riding provides so she thinks I am crazy. Soon all the waiting and recovery time will be worth it. Thanks again all.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.