VOG Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know the 2010 has just hit the streets, but I am looking for owners to give feedback on what they would change (or have changed already) so I can have the ultimate guide for a perfect 2011 model.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I talked with a sales guy at Family Motorsports in McKinney, TX. He said a full trunk is in development for 2011 and he actually expects it to be available in the spring of 2010. He said he has seen it in person.

·
Registered
7,186 Posts
Andy said:
Here's a Few:

Electric Windshield

Tour Package

Tire Pressure Monitor System

Multiple Paint Options, including two-tone.
I agree, ABS and security would be nice options as well.

·
Premium Member
3,850 Posts
Here's some more:

Helmet Locks

Locking Forks

And personally, after all the positive input about the Vision, I was surprised that the Cross bikes did not have tip over protectors as it's one of the most talked about features on that bike.

·
Registered
2,923 Posts

Curious as to what you people think a tour package should contain, and as far as tire monitor system, I have one now, its called Mike, are we that lazy we can't check our own tire pressure these days. And if you need a monitor to tell you your tire is getting low then you should think about driving something else, mybe something with four tires.
As far as locks this would be a good idea, but then again locks and only made for honest people anyway.
Regards

·
Registered
4,500 Posts
I don't think they will change much. All depends on if they keep the Vision. If they do (and I think they will), why would they load up the Cross bikes with options? The paint options I will go with. Electric windshield?? Why? HD still does not have them on the Ultra. Locking forks why?? If it were not for the locking tank panels, I would never lock my forks on theVision. I do not think I did this on any of the3 other Vics I have owned. Does this stop anyone from stealing the bike?If they want it, they will take it no matter what you have. My TPMS is called Frank (thanks Sutherland!).

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
Electric Shield - Not happening IMHO, it's a price point and weight issue on the fork mounted faring. If they could engineer an adjustable shield that would be a happy middle ground for me.

TPMS - Maybe but there are some decent aftermarket options there as well

Helmet Locks - See accessory catalog

Tour package - Probably already in the works

Fork Lock - Not likely as it would necessitate re-engineering the frame / triple tree

New paint - Most certainly will happen

Tip over protection - I doubt it. I'm sure they have analyzed it and from a design point of view it would be really hard to create something that wouldn't look like crap as well as adding weight and cost to the bike.

I don't see anything aside from accessories and paint being different in 2011. As long as they can keep the factory busy building what they got I don't think they will be re-engineering anything.

What I would like to see is an unlinked ABS option like Harley has. I had that system and it worked very well and was certainly worth the $795 I paid for it.

·
Premium Member
3,850 Posts
Sutherland said:
Curious as to what you people think a tour package should contain, and as far as tire monitor system, I have one now, its called Mike, are we that lazy we can't check our own tire pressure these days. And if you need a monitor to tell you your tire is getting low then you should think about driving something else, mybe something with four tires.
As far as locks this would be a good idea, but then again locks and only made for honest people anyway.
Regards
Here's why I feel that a Tire Pressure Monitor System (TPMS) is a good feature:

If you look at the Vision and the Cross Bikes, accessing the rear tire stems are a real pain. Yes, it can be done, but it's just a pain. Yes, we should check the tire pressure every time we ride, but let's be realistic, unless you're taking a trip, how many riders actually check the air pressure every time they ride?

Having a TPMS is a simple way of increasing the safety of the bike by placing an alert somewhere on the gauge cluster telling you to check your tires. So many cars have it these days and yes, there are aftermarket accessories that can perform this task, but having it built in is just a desirable feature in my mind. The prices of these devices have fallen over the years and the cost to the OEM to include this on a bike is probably minimal.

Is this the lazy way out? Probably. Will it assist in reducing accidents that could have been avoided if the tires were at the right pressure levels? Yes. Does that make it a noteworthy feature? In my mind...Yes.

Also, properly inflated tires increase gas mileage. When gas prices again rise, that will be a nice selling point.

The alternative is to make the tire stems easier to reach...and that hasn't happened. Yes, you can remove the bags on the Cross bikes to grant easier access...but do you want to remove a side bag just to check the tire's air pressure? Probably not.

·
Premium Member
3,850 Posts
bubba said:
All depends on if they keep the Vision.
Now, you're opening a can of worms here. Do you think for a moment they would consider discontinuing the Vision at this point? Yes, I know you said you don't think this will happen, but I think it's safe to say that the Vision is here to stay for the foreseeable future. There's also the possibility of Victory expanding the Vision lineup such as this 800cc Vision Prototype:

bubba said:

Electric windshield?? Why? HD still does not have them on the Ultra.

I think you answered your own question.

Question: Why add an electric windshield to the 2011 Cross Country?

Answer: Because H-D doesn't offer this feature.

Rule #1 of Marketing 101 - Separate Yourself From The Competition.

Possibly, to keep cost/weight down, as suggested in another post, a manually adjustable windshield could be a good addition to the CC's in the future.

·
Registered
2,923 Posts

Again I am not the type of person to rely on this devise to protect me from low tire pressure on my bike.
I have this system on my 08 Ford F150 and there are times that it will work but by the time is lets you know you have a low tire it would be to late on a bike. Remember you have four tires on a truck and only two on bike
And yes it is sometime hard to do certian things these days, but you and only you can be in charge of your own safety and not some electroic devise.
Regards

·
Registered
4,500 Posts

I would disagree Andy on your comment concerning them separating themselves from the competition. They already have with the cross bikes. The bike is not the luxury cruiser like the Vision was intended. It plays in a different product segment.
It's a great bike, with many differentiable featuresat a very good price point.Marketing 101 first saysknow your market, know your competition.
The bikes really have a jump on the competition.While HD is still cutting people, dropping Buell, selling of Apprilla (SP??)still making a 75 year old design, Vic has come up with MARKET LEADING stuff. So if not putting an electric windshield on a bike thatwas never intended to bea Luxury Cruiser,does not separate them from the competition.... So be it.

·
Registered
20 Posts

An 8 ball version!!! (number 1 for me)
ABS available.
I like the "build your own" feature they had a couple years ago.
More color options.
The trunk that everyone seems to want. (I'd just go the rack and bag route)

·
Registered
69 Posts

Not to dig up the dead...
If the CC had lowers and a trunk, I'd seriously consider this bike over the Vision. But it doesn't so no worries.
Come on, tell me the CC isn't just a sexy piece of steal. The Vision is too though.
The Vision is the super model hot woman that you marry...
The CC is the rough hot woman that you...

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.