VOG Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The Hammer can now be considered a line...I guess...as it now is available in three configurations:

The Hammer

The Hammer S

The Hammer 8-Ball ($14.5K).

Yes, it has a six speed transmission.

And, I still think that all 8-Ball models should tank (pun intended) the color badges and go with the monochrome. Remember last year when Victory told us that Monochrome badges would be on all of its cruisers in it's 2nd decade? I guess they changed their minds.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Cyclone said:
No tach, Single disk front brakes, and no V bars.
These are a lot of the things that make a Hammer a Hammer .
I don't like the idea of no tach and only the single front disc either.
I know I like the 6 speed. Ill have to go back and get a refresher on the gear ratios on the 5 speed to compare.

But the 8 balls leave a lot of room for customizing.

·
Registered
5 Posts

i bought a 2010 hammer 8 ball a little over a week ago. first thing was pipes--shotgun black. next was the tachometer, $250 w/labor. next was the saddlebags, had to wait for the brackets to come in. now i'm trying to decide which seat i want.
80mph is about 3200-3300 rpm in 5th gear, so it's not terrible but i would definitely like that 6-speed for all the superslab riding i do.
and yeah, it would really benefit from having the dual-disc up front, it is still a 700 lb bike after all. the bars are an easy enough fix, and the 106 isn't that big a deal for me, i'm not out to set any speed records.
i'll admit, though, that i would have really liked to have gotten a Hammer S but i'd have wanted to black it all out the way the 8 Ball is, so spending the extra $5k just to spend more money on powdercoating and aftermarket stuff didn't make much sense at all. bike is everything i wanted, and at a very reasonable price for being brand spankin' new. i think it came out to about $17,500 for the bike, pipes, tach, and bags out the door.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
The more I see the 8-balls, the more I like them....and this is coming from a BIG CHROME kinda guy.

·
Registered
2,995 Posts
I saw the 8-ball Hammer at the IMS in Chicago last weekend. It really caught my eye and gives the bike it's bad boy look to go with the fat tire. I also like the Hammer S and always thought it should be the only cruiser bike with the factory 106, as well a Jackpot S of and course the Vision/Cross bike and LE Vegas that just arrived.

It looses some of it's zest being in every bike.

Of course the Cross bikes garnered a lot of attention, but even more so the Ocean Blue/Sandstone Vision grabbed lots of attention. They did a great job with that color scheme doing everything in blue or sandstone including the dash!.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Vasara said:
In Finland Hammer 8-Balls are with 106freedom twinja 6-speed tranny.. =) And with that new, black head light. I should post a photo later.
Happy, new owner..
Hey we get the same, 106" 6 speed,spec in the UK, and it's now standard accross Europe in this form.
All the new Victories comewith 106" units now, in the EU..

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.