VOG Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I put some money down to order a Pearl White Victory Vision Tour Premier with ABS last week. The dealer called me this evening to tell me that Victory does not make the Pearl White Vison with ABS. Has anyone heard this? Is this true? I find it hard to believe that I cannot order the bike in white with these features, only in black and the two tone blue. Does Victory not want to sell bikes?

·
Registered
5,880 Posts

That's Bizarre!!!! The ABS has nothing to do w/ the color. If they make it in black - why not bolt on white fenders & panels. But - I'm a simpleton - what do I know!
Wow!!!

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
There is one at my local dealer. I'll sneek over there and see if it has ABS.

·
Registered
4,500 Posts
The only ABS bikes I have seen are the Blue and Sandstone. Does not make sense????

·
Registered
130 Posts

ajwass,
Sad to say this is true. (at least, thisis what I've been told) I bought apearl white Vision in January and it does not have ABS.Every one I spoke to at Victory dealers said the same. "ABS only in black or Blue/Sandstone. Have no idea why they did not put it on the pearl white. Maybe you can special order one.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Wow, Thanks for your reply's and support. I am going to call the dealer this morning ( it is only7:52am California time) and see if we can twist Victory's arm in putting the ABS on the White. It is totally bizarre that they use that white model in all their advertising but don't treat it like a flagship. The victory truck, that was at a Victoryopen house, that allowed me to ride and be so heartily impressed by the Vision Tour used a White model. WHATS UP WITH THAT?

·
Registered
224 Posts

Well, some dyed in the wool riders wouldn't want ABS. My husband would not ride a Vision if it had ABS - he has ridden 25 years without it and knows how to handle it better without it (he was a trained motorcycle officer in Australia) and yes.. he's dyed in the wool. I'm used to riding without it, but on a bigger bike fully loaded with wet roads (we live in Arizona).. maybe I'd feel differently. I think having ABS might be good for me on a larger bike since I have a height disadvantage and I've not had gazillions of years riding experience.

I just went to the Victory page and tried to customize a white Vision 2010 with ABS and it's not a selected option.. you could be out of luck. But you can get a cobbled together aftermarket product that might not be entirely reliable either in an emergency.
I just think that sucks and I'm sorry you can't get what you want. Let us know if they can after market that for you?? I love that Pearl White Vision too.. it's luxurious and bad ass all at the same time!

·
Registered
2,995 Posts
agreed seems kind of odd as well why no ABS on the white bike. I agree though buy the wrong color and trade up

·
Registered
4,895 Posts
The Pearl White I saw at the NYC Motorcycle show had ABS

·
Registered
5,880 Posts

Trekwolf164 said:
The Pearl White I saw at the NYC Motorcycle show had ABS
Hmmmm .... the plot thickens. I smell a "Conspiracy Theory!!! (Perhaps a movie will be made. LOL!!!)
Seiously - if - if they do not offer the white Vision w/ ABS. It strikes me as real odd! It's the samechasis ..... same basic platform. Just adifferent color. It's beyond my pay grade!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Oh Well, I decided to go with the flow. Since I have never had ABS on a Bike I guess I won't miss it. I told the dealer to get me the 2010 white Vision Tour. I will pick it up on Saturday. I am excited.

·
Registered
4,500 Posts
Very nice!!! Pictures when you pick it up!!

·
Registered
4,500 Posts

ajwass1 said:
Pinch me, I can't believe it is sitting in my garage. Pictures are coming. It is Mighty White.
Waiting!!!! :)

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.