VOG Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am about to change oil in my 2010 Jackpot at 15,000 miles. I've been using Castrol full synthetic 5W-40. I am planning to use Castrol full synthetic 0W-40. Any comments on either oil, or warnings about detrimental effects would be welcome. My shop manual says to use Victory 20W-40 semi-synthetic oil.

·
Registered
5,049 Posts
Try to find a full synth or synth blend of 20w40 simply because you want that 20w lubrication at startup. You can even go to 20w50 or 20w60 full synth because the molecules are uniformly smaller in full synth. If clutch slippage isn't an issue and you're using a JASO MA/MA2 rated oil then full synth is just fine.

If it were mine I would stick to 20w50 in full synth.

·
Registered
4,841 Posts
I am about to change oil in my 2010 Jackpot at 15,000 miles. I've been using Castrol full synthetic 5W-40. I am planning to use Castrol full synthetic 0W-40. Any comments on either oil, or warnings about detrimental effects would be welcome. My shop manual says to use Victory 20W-40 semi-synthetic oil.
Is it warm were you live ? That means you do not need 0w or 10w (as first number) you need 15w or 20w as first number, the first number being 0 or 5 or 10 is about cold weather start-up, the number bihind the "W" is the actual weight of the oil ....

And Bbob is right , first off look for JASO MA2 writings on the bottle, if that 0w40 oil has actually JASO MA2 written on the bottle then go for it ... a w40 / w50 / w60 would be perfect in warm weather if it is wet clutch rated JASO MA2, again the first number is for cold or warm weather startup, the second number is the weight when the oil HOT

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.