VOG Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently picked up a 2010 Cross Country with 27,000 miles. A few weeks after purchase the turn signals stopped working. I've tried searching the forums but can't quite come up with the same problem.

4 way flashers and horn works. No issues with any of the bulbs when flashers are on. Fuse and relay is good. Left and right signals are both out, they don't flash at all and there is no indicator light on the dash. I've pulled about the switch on the handle and cleaned the contacts but it hasn't had any impact.

With the bike running or the key in the start position, the turn signals don't work at all. However, if I turn the key to the position past run (accessory?) the turn signals work for a few seconds - something buzzes for a second - and then they stop working.

Any ideas? The switch must work - both left and right signals work fine with the key in accessory mode for a few seconds - is there another relay besides the one in the fuse block?

Thanks!

·
Registered
527 Posts
That sounds like a symptom of added led lights without using an isolator.

I'm planning on adding some other lights, and my research says you need to add an isolator to prevent exactly what you're describing.

So does your bike have any added aux lights besides the stock signals? Or stock replaced with aftermarket lights???

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There's no additional aux lights added. All lights on the bike are LED - I'm not sure if they came stock that way or were aftermarket. Unfortunately I don't have much history on the bike and I'm not that familiar with Victory motorcycles.

Would they just stop working all together? I would think if there was an issue of not using the isolator they wouldn't work from point of install... the lights worked fine for weeks and passed inspection right before I purchased the bike. One day they just stopped but there weren't any issues until that point.

Could you point me in the right direction for an isolator? I'm running out of things to check - it might be cheap enough to just try it and see if it eliminates the problem.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.