VOG Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,895 Posts
Video it was a slide show. Very disaponting I would like to hear these bikes run.

·
Registered
5,880 Posts
Andy said:
Trekwolf164 said:
Video it was a slide show. Very disaponting I would like to hear these bikes run.
Yes, the term "Video" was used loosely.
As some folks say: "It's all about your perspective." If you drink a Bloody Mary and blink real fast - you could simulate a video. Naawww - doesn't work.

·
Premium Member
3,850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
johnedoe said:
I will be staying with my Vision ........... The CC/CR just doesn't do it for me.
I'll be waiting until the the Test Ride phase to form any opinions on the new models. For the styling...Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

·
Registered
11 Posts

I think that both X bikes are really nice but I also have to say that I will stick with my Vision as well. Now I would not mind trading in my Hammer for the Cross Roads for my wife to ride but she loves the Hammer. I told her that she could have her own bike with saddlebags to carry all of her womany stuff instead of me having to carry all of our gear on the Vision but it did not go well at all trying to convince her. I will take her to see one when they hit the dealers and see if she will change her mind once she sets her eyes on one in person
But then again I have been known to make hasty unexpected decisions at the last minute so I'll try not to look to much towards the Cross Country. :)
Ride safe.
Joe

·
Registered
4,020 Posts

·
Registered
12,831 Posts
This is the best of the VOG lately.

·
Registered
4,290 Posts
This is the best of the VOG lately.
Haven't seen much in the way of innovation. Makes me wonder if we simply figured it all out.
Things like Lloydz timing wheel and how to set it, the latest Power Vision vs other tuners, what cam is best.....Cam parties!

I wish Victory had continued. I'm riding the Indian version of the Octane now. Love the darn thing.

·
Registered
4,020 Posts
I remain hopeful they’ll at least bring the victory name back as a model line, use Indian for heritage bikes and victory for futuristic stuff. The hand I’m $hitting in is almost full, but still I remain hopeful. The water cooled challenger was truly a breakthrough bike, it’s proven that a modern engine in an American bagger is well received & was long wanted, you just can’t argue with power, reliability and not broiling your ballsack. Nostalgia (aircooled) is becoming a distant memory as those memories have become too old to ride or even remember. The next group buying big bikes all have grown up mainly on liquid cooled so an air cooled engine is weird to them ( even me ). With the epa’s regulations getting stricter and stricter I think even HD will switch to liquid cooled motors in 5 yrs, better is better & liquid cooled is just better esp if live in town or ride in stop & go traffic. Maybe Rylan will engineer a harness so we can retrofit a nicely upgraded, well tuned 108 in our Vics, I love my xct & am keeping it until I can no longer hold us upright, other daily fuk around bikes will come n go but the xct will always be my stables king and hopefully will have a KP tour, a hammer, or an octane as stable mates someday. Victory is ours and are becoming sought after now as others have realized how wonderful the are, how reliable, how easy to maintain & how well they ride. Ride on & on & on

Reactions: oldroadrunner

·
Registered
130 Posts
better is better & liquid cooled is just better esp if live in town or ride in stop & go traffic.
Entire post was good. I think this part - water cooled - is right on.
I have had several water cooled bikes, and I know it adds complexity, expense and weight, but still, it seems that the temperature control leads to enabling closer manufacturaing tolerances and longer lasting machinery too. Along with passenger comfort.
Racing bikes are water cooled, right?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.