VOG Forum banner

200k club

4K views 21 replies 12 participants last post by  eotsis1 
#1 ·
I've seen a couple of these on FB this year.
Measuring instrument Font Gas Automotive lighting Electric blue
original clutch, belt, Vic oil, stage1 plus Lloydz goodies

See less See more
#3 ·
I bet he rides all the time. Like 30 plus K a year. It’s not miles that kill a bike. It sitting.
We got that kind of mileage on fleet vehicles that lived on I95 most their life. Some hit 200k in 3 yrs.

Reactions: Bikesofbrads
#4 ·
200k is outstanding! It gives me confidence to keep piling on the miles on my two Freedom 106's!!

Reactions: mister-g
#5 ·
#6 ·
Would be even better if it was "original" as in never changed Vic oil

• Haha
Reactions: slickvic
#8 ·
Orig clutches ok but original belt? That’s just pushing it IMO but possible with proper adjustment & routine cleaning.......maybe. Most important parts the 200k, is my new bar to reach. Keep those coming

#11 ·
Orig clutches ok but original belt? That's just pushing it IMO but possible with proper adjustment & routine cleaning.......maybe. Most important parts the 200k, is my new bar to reach. Keep those coming
6yrs is not a lot of years for these parts. Remember in 6 yrs he was able to ride 200K.
Now sitting for 20 yrs and accumulating these miles ? I can guarantee a lot of parts would have been replaced from deteriorating.

#12 ·
Thnx slick didn’t think of it that way, I do wonder what all did wear out though over those 200k. I assume replaces wheel bearings, brake pads a couple times @ least. I wonder about neck bearings, belt, shocks just because when ur riding that much U need ur machine in tip top shape. Even if rebuilt the whole machine twice that’s understandable and the most important / impressive parts the 200k. That’s just amazing & awesome, is my benchmark until some1 hits 250k hahaha. I luv those pics with video game numbers for mileage, makes me feel all warm & fuzzy inside.

#21 ·
Hey lou8700.
Here is a quick honest run down on maintenance/ repairs on my XRLE #45.

The bike never went back to the shop for the 500 mile service. All regular service I did myself as I wanted to commit myself completely to the joys of riding and didn't want to be deprived of riding because the shop " couldn't possibly get to me for 3/4 weeks."
I change my own tires and balance with Dyna-Beads as needed but usually get in excess of 15k on both front and back. Ran Dunlop Elite 3's till the Elite 4's came out. Plugs at 25/30k. Changed fork oil at 50k but it didn't look like it was needed so I haven't done it since. High flow air filter every 25k. Just installing 3rd battery (tomorrow) Yuasa. Original starter but I bought a backup a couple years back just in case. Original belt. Ma Vic says I should be on my 7th by now. By the way the belt still looks good. Bought a used one on line a few years ago again, just in case. Changed wheel bearings on my 3rd tire change (about 50k.) Not again since. Got a set in my bags just in case. Replaced fuel filter at about 60k and, once again, didn't look all that bad so have not since. Old one looked so good I kept it for a back-up.
Now, full disclosure, I replaced the clutch once when it failed due to my ignorance. You see, I've got a bit of OCD and after owning the bike only about a year a adjusted that "little wiggle" in the clutch lever till it went away. What also went away was the firm contact with the pads and slippage ensued which ultimately burned out the clutch. Replaced with a Barnett Clutch with a heavy duty clutch spring. Heavy duty wasn't probably necessary the way I ride but it was available the quickest so I went for it. Change oil/filter every 2500/3000 miles Mobil1 15/50 (please don't turn this into an oil discussion). Not particular about filter as I change often enough that I don't believe that is critical. Usually Fram. Bosch or Mobil 1 if discounted on sale.
I think that's about it. If I missed something of interest to anyone, let me know and I'll post a reply.
RIDE SAFE:headbang:

#18 ·
@125000 , some of my repairs have been the wretched headlight bulb 2x . Perhaps not a worry on anything other than a vision. a belt at 70k, l put a used one on from eBay. Fork oil and seals once around 50-60k. Rear shock link broke about 80k. Spark plug wires 2x. Clean air filters a few times. Change oil every 2500 miles with amsoil 10w-40. Numerous tires I change myself. Brake pads once . 4 batteries. I ride all year in Illinois.

#19 ·
106K MILES on my Vegas , pulled down for big bore n cams at 60K Miles it was like brand new inside.
Vics go the distance and much much more!

#20 ·
My CCT is only turning 80K miles so clearly it has a lot of life left in it. All scheduled maintenance always done since new and oil/filter every 2500. It’s a keeper.

#22 ·
My belt breaking may have been my fault as I thought adjusting it tighter may help resolve finding neutral easier. It broke on the way to work so I was late...
My battery /s left me stranded 3x with no apparent forwarning. In a pinch all I can get is the $100 battery from the car parts store.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.