VOG Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
You need the 30 pin cable for iPod from radio to glove box. Keep an eye on eBay for iPod cable. IDK if they're still available, might be a unicorn but I'm not sure.
If you can find the iPod cable you can then get the coolstream pro so to bluetooth, if you want. It'll give you full control with your bar controls except read out of song, just next or previous will read out.
Hope that helps.
Hood Guitar accessory Motor vehicle Electronic instrument Automotive design

·
Registered
3,418 Posts
Reactions: Chattanooga_Mark

·
Registered
6,483 Posts
Thank you @md2420, $70 with free shipping is a great price on the iPod audio cord. They're typically around $86 online plus shipping and $118 msrp.

I just got one for my office shelf stock. ;)

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
Try this seller on eBay. IIRC the two plug version is for 2010+ and the 08 and 09 bikes used a different one. @BrotherWind can you confirm whether yours is a single plug or dual plug?

you should see white connector(s) somewhere between your radio/center console and the left hand cubby.

Polaris Victory Apple iPod Cord Adapter Cable 2411287 BRAND NEW RARE 2878628 | eBay
I believe it's the single, but??? It was installed. Too dark now but I'll look tomorrow. FWIW the new Android cable that PO sent with bike is single, but that probably doesn't help much. If it's the single that $45 one, under the sellers other Victory stuff, is a deal.

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
So, from the back of my radio to the glove box, there is no wiring. What do I need to get to get my iPod hookup?
@princepack maybe this will help. Md2420 suggested I look at mine but you can't see without lifting console. So I looked at the Android package and found this iPod cable instructions PO must have installed. He owns an Apple store sooo. Anyway here are the directions but the pic is showing a single plug. I'm not taking any responsibility but this is what I got. Hope it helps. In the link md2420 posted look under sellers other stuff and he has a brand new single for $45, free shipping. Good luck and enjoy that beautiful ride...
Handwriting Font Paper Parallel Paper product

·
Registered
3,418 Posts
@princepack maybe this will help. Md2420 suggested I look at mine but you can't see without lifting console. So I looked at the Android package and found this iPod cable instructions PO must have installed. He owns an Apple store sooo. Anyway here are the directions but the pic is showing a single plug. I'm not taking any responsibility but this is what I got. Hope it helps. In the link md2420 posted look under sellers other stuff and he has a brand new single for $45, free shipping. Good luck and enjoy that beautiful ride...
View attachment 586727
good info BW. If the OP wants to run an ipod, the single connector one on eBay won't work since it is just a 3.5mm jack, not a 30pin iPod cable.

but, I was suggesting he send a note to that seller and ask if he has an 08-09 one available (or when he will have more in stock). That seller (whipping boy) is the only one I've seen for about 2 years have any of the 30 pin cables.

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
good info BW. If the OP wants to run an ipod, the single connector one on eBay won't work since it is just a 3.5mm jack, not a 30pin iPod cable.

but, I was suggesting he send a note to that seller and ask if he has an 08-09 one available (or when he will have more in stock). That seller (whipping boy) is the only one I've seen for about 2 years have any of the 30 pin cables.
Oops, I missed that.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
The 3.5 jack will work with an iPod-plug it into the the headphone jack & put it on shuffle or pick a playlist. It will play but can’t be controlled from the handlebars or see track playing. Not great but it will get you some tunes.

·
Registered
6,483 Posts
Try this seller on eBay. IIRC the two plug version is for 2010+ and the 08 and 09 bikes used a different one. @BrotherWind can you confirm whether yours is a single plug or dual plug?

you should see white connector(s) somewhere between your radio/center console and the left hand cubby.

Polaris Victory Apple iPod Cord Adapter Cable 2411287 BRAND NEW RARE 2878628 | eBay
The iPod Audio Cord from the link above came in today.

Thank you again @md2420, that was a great deal especially without sales tax and with free shipping.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
You need the 30 pin cable for iPod from radio to glove box. Keep an eye on eBay for iPod cable. IDK if they're still available, might be a unicorn but I'm not sure.
If you can find the iPod cable you can then get the coolstream pro so to bluetooth, if you want. It'll give you full control with your bar controls except read out of song, just next or previous will read out.
Hope that helps.
View attachment 586687
I don't have the cable that comes from the radio:
Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Audio equipment Gadget Bumper

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
This is the cable, original from N touch. I'm second owner. Get in contact with Ntouch and see what they can do. I don't have their contact. I believe it's specific year. Or they might know how to help. Good luck brother...
Motor vehicle Hood Automotive design Automotive exterior Bumper

·
Registered
3,418 Posts
I don't have the cable that comes from the radio: View attachment 587593
if you don't have the cable, you should be able to see the connectors at least. Should be 1 or 2 white plugs in that area. Your 2009 might just have the single plug.

try this seller on eBay. He gets the cables in from time to time. If nothing else, you can get the 3.5mm plug. It just won't charge your device or be able to change tracks via the hand control. But the volume would work.

whippingboy_15 on eBay

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.