VOG Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
657 Posts
I lucked into attending the Geneva Auto Show about 3 years ago.

I was in Switzerland on business and scheduled to fly out of Geneva. Arrived at the airport and learned that the US East Coast was closed due to a snow storm. Ran back to my hotel to make sure I would have a room for the night and went to the show. It was huge. No, actually it was bigger than that. Massive, gargatuain, yea that's better. For a man that dreamed of attending the show since he was a 10 year old boy, it was a dream come true.

So cool to see so many names of cars and products that I had never heard of. Way in the back, was a huge crowd at the Ferrari display. Their name was not up, just a pic of the black horse. Very cool.

·
Registered
814 Posts
Thanks for the reminder, I just may take it in. I really want to make it to the January show (theBIG ONE by the Airport) this year but it's always difficult to try and plan around that one as its so soon after the holiday.

·
Registered
7,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Can We get a group together for this, what's best Friday, Saturday or Sunday?
Lets Show Some Support for our #1 Dealer in Ontairo, Peak Powersports. All days are open for me.
OneThumb

·
Registered
7,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
kenandpen said:
Sorry Alan, Heading for Cancun on the 7th.
Sorry I just don't understand you folks, Going South when we are having weather like this. LOL I just might ride to the show.
Really, enjoy your trip, remember lots of pictures.
OT

·
Registered
814 Posts
OneThumb said:
Can We get a group together for this, what's best Friday, Saturday or Sunday?
Lets Show Some Support for our #1 Dealer in Ontairo, Peak Powersports.
OneThumb
I'm planning on going but haven't picked a day yet so just let us know when (if) anyone else is going and I'll plan around it. I want to call PEAK today and order some parts so that maybe I can pick them up at the show if it's okay with them. It'll save me a drive out to Burlington.
I hope you get to ride to the show Allan, it would take nothing short of a miracle for me to ridethere at this time of year so I'll be drivingdown.

·
Registered
55 Posts
One Thumb needs some personal security at a function of this nature. Crowd control issues... I 'm sure you guys understand. Let's try and look after our mayor so we can re-elect him in 2010. There were no scandals in 2009 (yet) were there?

·
Registered
7,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

CamNeelyphile said:
One Thumb needs some personal security at a function of this nature. Crowd control issues... I 'm sure you guys understand. Let's try and look after our mayor so we can re-elect him in 2010. There were no scandals in 2009 (yet) were there?
Crowd Control,
Are you telling me I just might have to wear adisguise?
Scandals
Lets see? Hmmm, I was thinking on taking up Golf.
OT

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
CamNeelyphile said:
ERR, ahhh,,mghhmm, I don't think so, not with this scowl.

·
Registered
7,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Nepper said:
I'll be there Saturday.
Have you left yet to beat the snow? I hear they are calling for close to 100cm in the area you have to drive through. Dam if it isn't RAINING it's SNOWING.
OT

·
Registered
814 Posts

No I havn't left yet, I was planning to leave at about 6:00 a.m. on Saturday morning. I didn't see that in the forecast but if that's what their calling for then I will pass. The Parry Sound - Barrie corridor is not a place to drive through if they are calling for heavy snow. Been there - done that, not pleasent.
I'll keep an eye on things and make a decision later today. I'll let you know by tonight.
Seems like I've been held up by bad weather all year. Here's hoping 2010 treats me better.
Nep

·
Registered
7,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Nepper said:
No I havn't left yet, I was planning to leave at about 6:00 a.m. on Saturday morning. I didn't see that in the forecast but if that's what their calling for then I will pass. The Parry Sound - Barrie corridor is not a place to drive through if they are calling for heavy snow. Been there - done that, not pleasent.
I'll keep an eye on things and make a decision later today. I'll let you know by tonight.
Seems like I've been held up by bad weather all year. Here's hoping 2010 treats me better.
Nep
Dan, Huntsville & Bracebridge are getting the snow streamers off Lake Huron
http://www.weatheroffice.gc.ca/radar/index_e.html?id=WKR
tomorrow is suppose to be better.
Alan

·
Registered
814 Posts
I just took a call from PEAK and apparently there is a Sudbury Rep ( ? I didn't know we had one ) at the show and he will bring my parts back to Sudbury for me. I see by the forecast that the weather is supposed to clear by late morning but even if it does Ineed to leave here early so it's likely I won't make it this time. This is a real dissapointment. I was looking forward to meeting up with you all again. Maybe the Supershow in January.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.