VOG Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I have the Lime VJ 2009 with led signals, tear drop mirrors, comfy grips, license plate relocated, swept 1 stage exhaust. I was looking to do some **** to it to keep up with my biddies 09 VJ who has a cleaned up air intake and fuel/power regulator.
What are your thoughts on Nes Swepts no baffles, and Lloyds intake set up? or S&S setup? i also need handle bar suggestions. saw a pair from So Cal Premier that looked nice but not sure how far back i want to sit? I come from a Night train with drag bars but that was too far forward, Help me out here Folks!!

·
Registered
4,500 Posts
lets see a picture first

·
Registered
396 Posts
I also have the swept pipes. Not sure how loud you want your bike to be? I have heard the Ness swept are loud!!!I was going to get the Ness but I went with the Vic swept because my dealer service guy told me hehad people come back and get the Vic swept because the Ness were to loud. Perhaps others who have them will comment. I went with the Ness Ram bars. I am 6'0" and they fit great, I like the wide grip they have. Good luck.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I want my pipes obnoxious, my samson street sweepers (baffless) on my night train was F-in bad ass loud. I find my current set up to be less obnoxious and more law compliant, looking to change that. my profile pic is now up. i am also 6 ft so ill test ride a vj to see how it feels. are there any other bars close to that that dont come back as far but look the same

·
Registered
4,500 Posts
Jackpot52 said:
I bet these are pipes are obnoxious.
Best out!!! Had them on a Hammer. Great sound, great performance

·
Registered
402 Posts
If you're going to take out the baffles then don't bother with an upgrade of your airbox. You're going to lose performance for sound so no need to waste the money on a performance upgrade of the airbox. The only benefit would be that you get rid of the ugly black box. The S&S intake and Lloyds intake are the same thing but you get the download card/map with the S&S and would need a fuel controller with Lloydz.

The GPII in the pic above would look good on your bike, they come with different wraps, chrome or black ceramic. And has already been mentioned the Talons are a good option as well. If you want loud and performance go with one of these pipes, Lloydz TT, VM1 Cams, a rev extedned ECU and either a PC3 or VFC depending on your availability to a dyno. These changes can be done by yourself without pulling the engine. If you want to pull the engine then throw in some high compression pistons or go big.

I have the SoCal premier drag/t-bars on my 07 jackpot and really like them. They are slightly forward of the stock position but not too bad. I also think they look great on the bike. Santa Rosa Vee Twin has some nice offerings as well with different pull back and if they don't have what you want can probably make it for you.

Not sure what you mean by new style cheese wedges. They have been pretty much the same for years. If you want aftermarket, check out Cycleopsusa.com for billet replacements or Barracuda Customs for replacement stickers for your current ones.

·
Registered
4,500 Posts

slyone72 said:
yeah those would be great...except i dont think they would look good on my green bike.
Conquestcan wrap any color you want

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
It was recommended to me by my dealer to go with the ness swept and lloyds intake as well as a fuel/power commander while removingt he baffles. It seems to me that you (rowebote) are saying not necessary? I want to eliminate the black box and go with the open head space but i want loud ass pipes that look good too! I am not into moding the engine in anyway just want a new pipe and intake look while being extremely loud. anyone have a pic of a lime green with the GPII's?

·
Registered
402 Posts
If you're not concerned about performance than the Ness swept with the baffles removed and the S&S will get you what you want. Or has already been mentioned the GPIIs. I'm suggesting the S&S since it is the same intake as lloydz but comes with the S&S map card that won't require you to get a fuel controller. With these minor mods there is no reason to spend money on a fuel controller plus dyno time to get it tuned. Unless you are doing other engine work the S&S maps are pretty spot on. btw, the Ness are better perfomers than at least the older Vic swepts. By changing the airbox you will get better performance above 4k but will probably be about the same as stock below that. Looks are a no brainer, it get's rid of that black box. One other thing with your bike would be to get the IAC from Lloydz as you are probably going to get some backfiring when changing out the pipes.

What I am saying is that by removing the baffles is that you are going to lose power for loudness. I guess I took your comment, "to keep up with my biddies 09 VJ " the wrong way. The GPII or Talons will give you loud plus power. Either of these are going to be your best 2:2 pipe for performance and both being free flowing are going to give you the sound you are looking for. I haven't heard the talons in person but the Ground Pounders are definitely loud. My friend has Ness Swepts on his JP and while loud the GPIIs are louder. I don't think there is an exhaust out there for Vic's that are louder than these pipes.

I don't have any pics myself but you might want to check out thevmc as there may be pics over there of them on different rides. I'm assuming you've searched here

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.