VOG Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK I have worked out a system that will allow me to do two sets of 09 cams in a day, and that is the magic number I needed to make this happen. As most of you know the 09 unlike the 08 requires the cam carries to be swapped making them much more parts, and labor intensive. I have a source for the carriers, studs, nuts, and shafts that costs me less then dealer cost, but the stuff is still not free*LOL*
The deal on the 09 is a bit more expensive then the 08, but still very reasonable for what you gain. In order to have a party I need the following commitment for bikes
Two 2009 bikes
Two 2008 bikes, and one 2009
Two 2009 bikes, and one 2008
Three 2008 bikes-Four 2008 bikes
I can not do more, or less then listed above in the time I will have to do it

Prices
2008 is still $1150
2009 is now $1800

Price includes
Cams
Intake plate
VFC3
Carriers, and hardware[2009-2010]
Labor, and basic set up for tune

Results can be found in several places around, but basically you will move from
83/100 to 107+/107+

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Can you do this same mod on an 08 Kingpin?

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

ZZedmonds said:
Can you do this same mod on an 08 Kingpin?
Steel frame bikes would require a intake either Lloydz, or S&S. So price would come out in the middle of the 08-09. An 09 steel frame would cost around $150 more then a09Vision

·
Registered
136 Posts

I couldn't find Brainbridge on Mapquest, but I did find Bainbridge and there's Hernley's Polaris/Victory in Elizabethtown PA nearby. Is this what you're referring to? If so, that's only a 2 hour drive from Leesburg, VA.
Vince.

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
OK it's Bainbridge. Must have been a mental blow-out. While I am a Vic mechanic by trade this would be happening at a private residence, and not at any dealer. Looking at the end of november for getting it done. That way we can beat the nasty[er] weather

·
Registered
2,995 Posts
so when we learn what can/can't be done for us future cross X bike owners?

·
Registered
136 Posts
kevinx01 said:
OK it's Bainbridge. Must have been a mental blow-out. While I am a Vic mechanic by trade this would be happening at a private residence, and not at any dealer. Looking at the end of november for getting it done. That way we can beat the nasty[er] weather
I've an 09 Vic Vision Tour. Assuming you've got room for another upgrade, what's your schedule? I'm trying to get a sense of how much time I need. Can this be done in a day, including my 4 hours travel time or should I anticipate an overnight stay at a hotel? As for payment, check, plastic or card? Deposit?

Vince.

·
Registered
136 Posts

A big thank-you to John and Becky in southern PA for hosting a cam party! Four Visions, two black and two cherry got the royal treatment from Kevin. Kevin, a big thanks for performing your magic! My ride now has SOUL!

Some pics

Vince.

·
Registered
38 Posts

Vince:
I echo your thanks to John and the Mrs. for hosting the CAM party. I had the black 08 Vision. How was your ride back to VA? What did you notice different? I road mine about 50 miles today, noticed: more power (especially above 2500rpms), less throttle needed to go same speed, minimal to no decel popping (used to have a lot) and just shifting up thru the gears like a used to get to 60mph in 4th before even shifting to 5th or 6th.....60 comes a lot quicker. So far, very satisfied but need to put more miles on it.
ED

·
Registered
136 Posts

Ed, nice to hear from you again!
You'll have to ask the deer that I almost nailed (details in General thread) !
Big, big difference in performance! And substantial reduction in the decel pops, too! Looking at the trip computer though, the avg MPG seems to have gone down a bit. I was getting 43 on the hwy, but dropped to 40 mpg after the upgrade. Too early to tell, so'll have to ride some more to see if that is indeed the case. I'm wondering if others who've gotten the Lloydz upgrade seen this drop in mpg? If so, I'm not too concerned because if indeed true, the tradeoff is a plus in my opinion.
Too bad the 2009 riding season is almost finished. Try to get in as much riding as I can before I have to put her away!
Vince.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
kevinx01 said:
Have a couple people trying to get something off the ground
One is in Eastern Washington State
One is in Central Pa.
Wasington needs one more bike.
Central Pa. is just starting
Hey Kevin, I'ld be up for some "magic" on my 08 Kingpin. I am in Bothell WA NE of Seattle. Let me know what your prospects look like.

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
vbbuilt said:
Ed, nice to hear from you again!
You'll have to ask the deer that I almost nailed (details in General thread) !
Big, big difference in performance! And substantial reduction in the decel pops, too! Looking at the trip computer though, the avg MPG seems to have gone down a bit. I was getting 43 on the hwy, but dropped to 40 mpg after the upgrade. Too early to tell, so'll have to ride some more to see if that is indeed the case. I'm wondering if others who've gotten the Lloydz upgrade seen this drop in mpg? If so, I'm not too concerned because if indeed true, the tradeoff is a plus in my opinion.
Too bad the 2009 riding season is almost finished. Try to get in as much riding as I can before I have to put her away!
Vince.
You don't think the drop in MPG could have anything to do with the big grin you get when ripping through the gears....do ya??

·
Registered
717 Posts
I only have 18,000 miles on my upgrade and I still have that same **** eating grin every time I play tag with the rev limiter.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.