VOG Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to know how to charge the battery on my 2008 Victory Vision Tour Premium. There doesn't seem to be an adapter under the plastic flap in the front of the bike like the 2009 model has. Do I have to hook directly to the battery with the tender or can I back feed through a charging port like the on in the IPOD compartment?

·
Registered
425 Posts

I bought theBattery Tendertype of charging plug that plugs into your ipod box on the left side/top of the Vision glove box. It didn't work as well as hooking my Batter Tender Leads directly to my battery....I would buy another glove box plug-in to charge my batterty....Just my opinion though....

·
Registered
807 Posts
Most battery tenders come with the leads for a direct connection to the battery posts. I routed mine to a point inside the left front cover so it's accessible, then ty-wrapped it to a strut to keep it away from the motor.

·
Registered
4,500 Posts

In order for the charger to work with the glove boxpowerlet, the bike would have to be on or the plug wired to be hot always. I purchased the adapter for Battery Tender and notice the charger did not work becauseI needed a live connection. If you have a Vision Tour, the Powerlet on the trunk is hot always. Plug it in there.
Bubbwe if you but a Battery Tender, it comes with the battery hook up.

·
Registered
4,867 Posts
As far as safest and most direct method is always straight to the battery. Once you start using power points or even hard points away from the battery, there will be a draw from the charger/tender through the wires themselves. Thus more things to "Burn up" in case of an overload of some kind.

Im not 100% sure, but dont most Visions come with a tender piggy tail already coming off the battery? If so it is the best method, Its also the easiest. Mine just has one plug and the hardest thing about it is getting my fat ass down on the ground to plug it in LOL

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.