VOG Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just recently purchased a 2008 Victory Vegas Jackpot and one of the first mods I am considering is lowering it. What are your thoughts on this? How low would you suggest? How does it affect the handling of the bike?

·
Super Moderator
26,119 Posts
What is the reason you want to lower it? Your height, bike's stance, etc.

·
Super Moderator
26,119 Posts
I would like to lower it because I heard it handles better and is more comfortable but I dont know if that is correct or not.
When you lower it you will also reduce your bikes lean. So I would say that will hurt your handling.

As for comfort your position is not going to change but depending on how you lower it you will probably make the suspension a bit more stiff which you may not find more comfortable.

Comfort usually will come from a better saddle and the best peg/board position for you. Different bars are also a common thing to change for rider comfort but the first two are the most common people start with.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
When you lower it you will also reduce your bikes lean. So I would say that will hurt your handling.

As for comfort your position is not going to change but depending on how you lower it you will probably make the suspension a bit more stiff which you may not find more comfortable.

Comfort usually will come from a better saddle and the best peg/board position for you. Different bars are also a common thing to change for rider comfort but the first two are the most common people start with.

Ok thanks for the info I appreciate it. Another quick question will the Metzeler 260 fit? I also heard that it was a better handling tire than the Dunlop 250?

·
Super Moderator
26,119 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.