VOG Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I haven't posted on here in awhile, but has anyone figured out any updates to the backfiring issues with the swept pipes on closed loop bikes, specifically 2008? Any better downloads, luck with Lloydz IAC, or fuel controllers. I do not want to spend any money unless someone has a known cure. I recently stopped by the dealer for demo rides on the new 2011's. I rode the Cross Country (very nice!), Vision, and just to compare to my '08, the'11Vegas (with the 106). The Vegas had the bigger motor, butit had the same swept pipes as my 2008. It however did not backfire like mine. I reved it, and did everything I could to get it to pop. It had the little bit of crackle on decel, but nothing like the shotgun bangs that I get on my bike. I talked to the rep, and he couldn't really answer my questions of why my bike cannot run like the newer models (have I just been forgotten by Victory after spending $15,000?) He just said it was a bigger motor and bigger cams.

·
Registered
12,236 Posts

I've owned a few Vegas's and feel your pain. My 08's were notorious for backfiring with the swept pipes. I installed the S&S intake and download on 1 of them and the backfiring was very minimal. My 2010 Vegas with the 106 had swept pipes on it and did not backfire, I put the S&S intake with map and now it backfires. It is not bad but it is worse then with just the pipes. I have notice that people with 2010 Vegas's with the 100ci are not complaining as much as the people with 08's. They say there is no difference between the two models but I tend to not believe that.
As for the Lloydz Idle Controller this came up this weekend with a few of the riders I met at Biketoberfest. Three different individuals had them installed. Two of them swear by it the other said it made no difference. My dealers saleman swears by them and said it really works. I have no first hand experience with it so all I can say is it may be worth a shot. Who knows who installed the unhappy customers parts and if it was adjusted properly.
Don

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply dsjr70. I just cannot believe Polaris/Victory would turn its backs on its customers. When I purchased the bike and added the pipes, there was no disclaimer stating they would cause backfiring and running issues. It may be an add-on part, but don't advertise on the website about adding aftermarket parts that make the bike run poorly. I was able to get past the dealer service help and get in touch with someone directly at Polaris about a year ago. Unfortunately, he had no solid advice, stating that it is the way it is. He did say keep an eye out for new updates/products that were going to come out this past summer as a fix; but I have not seen anything. I don't think I am asking for a lot from the company; I just want my bike to run smoothly and I don't feel I should have to invest more money to reach that goal unless it is a guaranteed solution.

·
Registered
12,236 Posts

Allot of people feel the same way, including me, but we are pretty much screwed on this one. This was a hot topic around 2 years ago and the complaints were staggering. I had a different dealer at the time and they just told me "well the pipes are made for off road / track use so deal with it".
I knowthat something has to be different in 09/10/11 mapping then 08 just because I dont read many complaints anymore. So you really have two options and both of them are going to cost you money out of your pocket... You can try an upgraded S1 map which is going to cost you around $150.00 or you can try the Lloydz IAV for around $70.00. Either one may or may not work but I can tell you one thing if the Lloydz product doesn't work he will answer his phone to help you out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.