VOG Forum banner

2006 Victory Kingpin backfire wile idle.

2K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  Kevinironside 
#1 ·
Hey all so I've purchased a high mileage used 06 Victory Kingpin and it seemed to run fine other than tiny backfires wile idle or super loud when revving.
I've cleaned the throttle body, changed oil with OEM victory 4.5 oil change kit.
Changed spark plugs with OEM plugs also air filter but the strange little back fires are still present.
Any info on why it would still be doing this?
The bike has 90k milage.

Here is link to a YouTube video I just made the deep pop is backfire when revving towards the end of video.

Attachments

See less See more
1 1
#2 ·
Put your hand over the outlets, feel the exhaust pulses. Which one pops? Front or rear?
Suspect that cylinder's inlet might have an air leak...

#5 ·
you can spray brake cleaner around the intake manifold and listen for a change in the idle
make sure your exhaust headpipe are tight against the head.
me personally would put different pipes on, a 2into 1. But i know they are expensive

#8 ·
Also check your exhaust flange bolts and gaskets. A leak where the exhaust meets the cylinder will also cause backfiring

#13 ·
Ok everybody I appreciate so much all the feedback.
I have one more question.
I'm going to purchase a oil catch can/breather and replace the factory crankcase hose hopefully with An-10 stainless steel hose or An-12.
Any one know the exact diameter of the crankcase hose port?
I want to try and convert it but need to know what size An-hose to use maybe have something fabricated.
Any thoughts?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.