VOG Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a problem with my 2006 victory king pin , when the bars are turned to the left and I turn the ignition on the fuel pump is working and the bike will start up but the min I turn the bars to the right it shuts off the fuel pump and the bike dies . Any ideas on why

·
Registered
6,846 Posts
Does it stay running when you turn the bars either way after it's warmed up? If so.. I'd bet that the cable for the idle adjust is off.. .try cranking it up a little higher on the rpm before turning the handle.. I'll bet the idle drops but the bike stays running.

·
Registered
23,463 Posts
Could be as simple as increasing the idle speed with the screw on the throttle linkage (Behind left cheese wedge under tank). Cleaning the throttle body always increases idle speed.

But he says the fuel pump shuts off... But the fuel pump doesn't run full time audibly...

·
Registered
6,846 Posts
Yah, that was why I wanted to know if the bike will stay running once it's warmed up..and if it'd stay running if he upped the idle a bit more before turning the bars.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
At first that’s what I thought about the idle . Then I tried it without the bike running . And when you turn the bars the fuel pump turns off . I’ll check to see if the wires are pinched anywhere . Thank you guys for your input!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.