VOG Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New have another issue. With this 2006 Kingpin Deluxe This bike has been stored for a year and the battery was new when we stored it. We cannot jump it into starting. Is there something i should be doing differently maybe the chokeor any secret you might know

·
Super Moderator
26,154 Posts
When jumping a bike with a car you should not have the car running.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Have you replaced the fuel , Maybe its gone bad being in the bike for a year . Modern petrol doesnt store well .

·
Registered
6,846 Posts
There aren't many vehicles I've ever owned that you could let sit for a year and expect them to just fire and run regardless of the state of the battery when you parked it. Maybe if the battery had been disconnected from it first.
I can tell you that there are a lot of sensitive electronics on these bikes that really dont' like being hooked up to jumper cables. My son tried to jump his 01 and fried the voltage regulator. I think it had as much to do with the battery being dead as it did from the jump but there ya go.
Personally I'd disconnect the battery and try to fully charge it, then test it to make sure it can sustain not only a charge but decent starting current after it's charged. Then try putting it back in the bike and see what you get. Unless you took steps to condition the fuel more than likely it's not good either. Chances are it had some blend of alcohol in it and that can cause issues all on it's own. At a minimum I would drain the tank and refill with fresh fuel before trying to crank it again. If it still won't fire or at least attempt to you have an issue that you may need to take to a shop.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.