VOG Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know three have probably a ton of boards with questions about this but I haven't found any so I'm asking. What's the average fuel range before the fuel light comes on on your bikes? My bike is completely stock with exception of my pipes. I am the 3rd owner of the bike. The original owner bought the bike and then passed away a year later. Only put about 5000 miles on the bike. I purchased the bike from my ex-fiances mom after her husband bought it. He felt it was too quiet so he changed the pipes to louder pipes because loud pipes save lives. I dont ride a lot because of work schedule and softball. So I've been putting gas in basically as soon as I see the light come on. But I'm not sure how many miles I'm getting per tank. I do mostly highway as I live in a smaller city in Arizona that has a highway as it's main road. I ride to Kingman Arizona on occasion but everytime I do it seems like I'm putting gas in everytime I head there. On another note have any of you change the speedometer out for one that has a fuel gauge on it? If so was it difficult? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
I usually have about .75-1 gallon left in the tank when the light comes on. How many miles that gets you all depends on your right hand.

·
Registered
23,463 Posts
My low fuel light comes on at 160-170 miles. It takes 3.7 gallons to fill it, so there's .8 gallons left.
I reset the trip on the odometer so I have an idea of how much range is left.

Ran out of gas once at 215 miles....

·
Registered
11,775 Posts
It has a trip odometer. 32-38 miles per gallon. Set the trip odometer and get gas at about 120 to 140 miles.

·
Registered
11,775 Posts
If the fuel mileage is that bad, you should get a 116" big bore. Hell, I can go to the drag strip and make 25 passes and still get better than 32 on that tank of fuel.
I dunno, nine years never changed. Light came on at about 125-130 miles. It would normally take 3.2 gallons or a little more. That is 38-40. I always knew I had 30 to 40 miles left but I knew the light wold come on at about 120 or so. That is why I said 32-38. Better for him to get gas than get tired pushing.

If I spent a day in twisty roads like the sisters I got about 32. But that was my fault I have this twist its tail habit.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.