VOG Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am trying to replace my seals and was successful up to a certain point. I installed the seals and bushing, inserts the inner tube to the outer, and screwed in the dampener rod. Now though I am unable to de-compress the inner tube. It feels locked and will only de compress a bit but not all the way. What am I missing?

·
Registered
6 Posts
i am trying to replace my seals and was successful up to a certain point. I installed the seals and bushing, inserts the inner tube to the outer, and screwed in the dampener rod. Now though I am unable to de-compress the inner tube. It feels locked and will only de compress a bit but not all the way. What am I missing?
I know this is an old post, but I'm having the same problem on my daughter's '07 Vegas, and I've studied the service manual and the WitchDoctor videos. I think the Oil Lock Valve is wedged into the bottom of the stanchion tube, and won't let the fork tube move in relation to the Damper rod. I've tried to "un-wedge" the oil lock valve, but it's plastic, and doesn't seem to be available for purchase anywhere, so breaking it would be a bad thing. This was so close to being a simple job!

Did your question ever get answered?

·
Registered
6 Posts
I know this is an old post, but I'm having the same problem on my daughter's '07 Vegas, and I've studied the service manual and the WitchDoctor videos. I think the Oil Lock Valve is wedged into the bottom of the stanchion tube, and won't let the fork tube move in relation to the Damper rod. I've tried to "un-wedge" the oil lock valve, but it's plastic, and doesn't seem to be available for purchase anywhere, so breaking it would be a bad thing. This was so close to being a simple job!

Did your question ever get answered?
I ended up answering my own question. I was ever-so-gently trying to pry the plastic part of the "oil control lock" out of the bottom of the fork tube, but I broke it. Since I couldn't make things any worse, I tried a few other things that were not so gentle. It turns out that a 7/8" wooden dowel right down the center of the tube, and hammered on sharply will pop the plastic piece right out. I actually tried that earlier, but was afraid I'd break it. If only I'd kept going...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.