VOG Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a 2003 v92tc and it runs good except when holding speed. Mostly around 30 mph around town.... seems good on the highway. I cleaned the throttle body... wasn't very dirty... new air filter new plugs... new oil and filter... battery is strong... acceleration is great... just fuses when not accelerating or decelerating... just cruising a steady speed 30 40 50 mph... chugs a little... maybe misses a little... any thoughts? Thanks!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I just bought a 2003 v92tc and it runs good except when holding speed. Mostly around 30 mph around town.... seems good on the highway. I cleaned the throttle body... wasn't very dirty... new air filter new plugs... new oil and filter... battery is strong... acceleration is great... just fuses when not accelerating or decelerating... just cruising a steady speed 30 40 50 mph... chugs a little... maybe misses a little... any thoughts? Thanks!
Also the throttle body adapter looks new... checked for leaks with propane... no leaks...

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
How about the air filter itself, do you know what version of “chip” or whatever is in the ecu? Do you have a cold start lever on the handlebars, if so, did you readjust the idle after cleaning the throttle bodies. Rylan has great tutorials on that model explaining things.

Reactions: rwc

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
How about the air filter itself, do you know what version of “chip” or whatever is in the ecu? Do you have a cold start lever on the handlebars, if so, did you readjust the idle after cleaning the throttle bodies. Rylan has great tutorials on that model explaining things.
air filter is a K&N... I don't know what version chip I Have, and yes I readjusted the idle... it starts and idle's just fine... just a bit intermittently glitchy at a steady speed...

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
Check the battery and connections and any ground you can get to.
You have the first year of the Freedom motor and electronics. That's the really good news.
These bikes are extremely sensitive to low voltage.
A bad battery, loose connections can cause a myriad of problems, odd running conditions, erectile dysfunction, male pattern baldness and mandatory anger management counseling.
I've threatened mine that I was going to beat it into an ashtray, but that didn't seem to help.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
I know what your talking about, my ‘03 TCD would do the same thing, especially before the engine got broken in. After it was broke in & I installed an overdrive sprocket I don‘t remember it bothering me. It’s hard to find that sweet spot pulling back the reigns & trotting when they want to getty up & go.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Check the throttle position sensor. I had the same problem with a 2001 V92, except it was at about 50 mph.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Check the throttle position sensor. I had the same problem with a 2001 V92, except it was at about 50 mph.
I'm going to test that next.... if it's that, what do I have to remove to replace it?
I replaced the TPS... now it runs worse... I took it to the Indian dealer that still works on Victory bike and he said it needed to be hooked up to digital wrench to reset the voltages. He has digital wrench, but it has been updated several times over the years and won't communicate with my bike even though he could hook it up... he tried everything and had no success... the 2003 freedom engine won't reset with the jumping B and E method... It can only be calibrated with digital wrench and no one around here has an old enough version to work with my bike.... any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
  • Agree
Reactions: Smokier104
1 - 12 of 12 Posts