VOG Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Vog, not really sure how this forum stuff works but I just bought a 2002 v92c with 14000 miles and looking for peoplw wiser than me. I am looking for a rear disc. Possibly the fronts since it shakes under braking. Should I look at the market place or can they they be bought new. I know Polaris stopped production of the Victory but is there a place to still get accessories?

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Most likely your discs are fine, it's usually the big rivets that get compacted full of brake dust & crud and stop the disc from floating as it should. Before you buy new ones try this: Get a can of brake cleaner & a square screw extractor. Chuck up the extractor that fits inside the rivets in a drill (usually the largest one in the set) & spin the rivets slowly while blasting with brake cleaner to remove the crud-this usually cures the brake pulsing that you're experiencing & it's a lot cheaper than than new rotors.
Mayhew Extractor Set (5-Piece)-37332 - The Home Depot

·
Registered
304 Posts
Accessories can be a little scarce. Some things, like bags, can be adapted. Rylan at the Vic Shop has been putting later model 100" 5 speeds in some of the older bikes. I put a memphis shades batwing on my old TC with a quick release from an 1800 vtx. Rylan has kits to put later model wheels on the older bikes. Good advice about cleaning the rivets on the brakes. They are supposed to be full floating discs.
witchdoctors has some stuff
Victory V92 - Shop Parts and Accessories - Your #1 Source for US Made, Custom Victory & Indian Motorcycle Parts

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
EBC makes great replacement pads for V92C’s (244HH front & 209HH rear) as well as replacement rotors, EBC part MD727-all are readily available when it’s time to get new ones.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.