VOG Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought a 2001 v92 with a leaking oil cooler. Been searching everywhere for one only think I found was a 2003. Anyone know if u can mod it to fit or anywhere I can buy one? Thanks!

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
If I had an issue with my 99’s oil cooler I’d look at fitting a smaller, newer model cooler. The Vegas ones matched the shape of the down tubes and would look good. I’ve also seen aftermarket tubular ones used but it takes a lot of work to plumb the oil lines for a clean look. You can get any length of braided stainless lines with different colored AN8 fittings. Also rode with a guy here in Colorado that took the cooler completely off his ‘01 SC and it seemed to run just fine without it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If I had an issue with my 99's oil cooler I'd look at fitting a smaller, newer model cooler. The Vegas ones matched the shape of the down tubes and would look good. I've also seen aftermarket tubular ones used but it takes a lot of work to plumb the oil lines for a clean look. You can get any length of braided stainless lines with different colored AN8 fittings. Also rode with a guy here in Colorado that took the cooler completely off his '01 SC and it seemed to run just fine without it.
If I had an issue with my 99's oil cooler I'd look at fitting a smaller, newer model cooler. The Vegas ones matched the shape of the down tubes and would look good. I've also seen aftermarket tubular ones used but it takes a lot of work to plumb the oil lines for a clean look. You can get any length of braided stainless lines with different colored AN8 fittings. Also rode with a guy here in Colorado that took the cooler completely off his '01 SC and it seemed to run just fine without it.
Yeah I heard of people taking it off but I live in Las Vegas so wouldn't wanna chance it. You said the Vegas ones matched up do you know what year?

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
I checked at pinwall http://pinwallcycle.com/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=pinwall+victory&
& ebay too-didn't see anything.
Nothing but the 99-01 cooler will be a direct bolt on. Some of the later model years would probably work but not without some custom mounts/brackets. The Vegas & even the X bike's coolers have tapered sides to match the frame instead of the big rectangle radiator look-I have no experience retrofitting any victory oil coolers but have no doubt that it's possible.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I checked at pinwall http://pinwallcycle.com/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=pinwall+victory&
& ebay too-didn't see anything.
Nothing but the 99-01 cooler will be a direct bolt on. Some of the later model years would probably work but not without some custom mounts/brackets. The Vegas & even the X bike's coolers have tapered sides to match the frame instead of the big rectangle radiator look-I have no experience retrofitting any victory oil coolers but have no doubt that it's possible.
I'll have to look into that. I'm new to victory bikes so I don't really know much. Thank you I'll keep you posted

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.