VOG Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
Ninety percent of that answer will depend on the type of environment you ride in. Yes; they come ready to install.

Here in dusty AZ I should probably do it every 15k miles or so. 20K max. In a non dusty place without significant air pollution you might be able to stretch that out to 25K.

JMHO, YMMV, FWIW.

·
Super Moderator
26,111 Posts
I had about 20K on my K&N on my 13s front filter when it needed cleaning. Cleaning them is easy. In most cases these kinds of filters will advertise 20-50K between cleanings but as mentioned above that depends much on where you're riding.

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I had about 20K on my K&N on my 13s front filter when it needed cleaning. Cleaning them is easy. In most cases these kinds of filters will advertise 20-50K between cleanings but as mentioned above that depends much on where you're riding.
Your weather in houston is probably similar to the Calgary area aside from the humidity..but we definitely wouldn't be as dusty as AZ. Think Colorado. If I go 40, 000km between checking i'm probably good. Thats about 25K miles.

Thanks guys.

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
One more question..

So for the time being in a few weeks, i'm just doing the lloydz filter with the stage 1 ecm reflash & o2 sensors unplugged.

I'll install the air filter myself but have to ride 60 miles roundtrip to the dealer for the flash. Should I do flash then install filter...or vice versa? Just in the interest of avoiding any possibly harmful consequences.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.