VOG Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
have a 2016 CCT just took off my trunk and put on my Lock & Ride® Backrest, and now i am looking for a luggage rack! The question i have is , my Lock & Ride® Backrest is a 3 hole for a luggage rack, and all i am finding is 2 holes luggage, can i use a two hole rack or am i stuck needing a 3 hole one,, and also where can i get a 3 hole luggage if i need one? and thanks for any help

·
Registered
228 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Not to highjack your thread but I have an original 2 hole backrest and bracket. I know there was a recall on those but I never took mine back.. kept putting it off. I wonder if Polaris will honor it now?

·
Registered
4,463 Posts
Not to highjack your thread but I have an original 2 hole backrest and bracket. I know there was a recall on those but I never took mine back.. kept putting it off. I wonder if Polaris will honor it now?
I would imagine that they will have to honor an exchange as the 3 hole design came out to address a safety/recall issue. The real question in my mind is, do they have any 3-hole racks and backrests left in stock? Obviously they stopped selling them via their website many moons ago...

·
Registered
4,290 Posts
My worthless 2 cents:
I had a X bike. I had a back rest and luggage rack. I could see no imaginable way it could fail, so I Ignored the strange recall....which was the same time Vision fenders were failing and Polaris ignored it.

I would just use 2 holes and ignore the third....or drill another hole. But that's me.

·
Registered
441 Posts
have a 2016 CCT just took off my trunk and put on my Lock & Ride® Backrest, and now i am looking for a luggage rack! The question i have is , my Lock & Ride® Backrest is a 3 hole for a luggage rack, and all i am finding is 2 holes luggage, can i use a two hole rack or am i stuck needing a 3 hole one,, and also where can i get a 3 hole luggage if i need one? and thanks for any help
Get the correct rack. I picked my brand new in box black 3 hole on eBay for $250 with free ship if I remember correctly. They are really nice good looking racks, with a quality build and materials. Victory was asking $500 on the thing, which was ridiculous!!

·
Registered
6,656 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.