VOG Forum banner

2-1 pipe, do Vic’s like them?

2K views 20 replies 12 participants last post by  poppamark 
#1 ·
anyone try one and like it? I was thinking maybe this winter fab up a custom stainless pipe. Since I’m usually riding the bottom at 1800-3000 it would work better I’m guessing. Only reason I wouldn’t wanna do it is because I’m not sure Id put a pipe cover over it and the pipes would look a lot smaller but if it can sound better and Make more power down low or lower the bar did be happy. I made one for my old street bike and it made more power then the aftermarket 2-1 that was on it. I made a stepped header and a real merge collector that was a lot better then the aftermart collector. I really like the looks of my big pipes but wouldn’t mind putting my own custom style, probably be straight pipes too lol. Maybe some kind of baffle. Thanks!

#2 ·
Your gonna kill that engine running it down there.
The 106 has 4 valves per head so they like to breath with more rpm's.
Try bottoming out at 2500 and shifting some where between 3500 and 6000.
There are a few exhaust setups that will make really good power...no need to fiddle around with homemade.

#4 ·
I usually shift at 2500 or so sometimes less sometimes more. I heard thats right were the owners manuel says to shift at for a minimum I think. I can hear it that it’s humming along like there’s no load. Says 1st gear 18 mph and that’s exactly what I shift at. I’m not trying to be perfect and go by the Manuel it’s just what I shift at. Its got a lot of gears and I use them

#5 ·
It’s not a Harley, wind it up! Vic’s like higher RPMs.

2-1 pipes are normally used for HP due to the scavenging effects at higher RPMs. If you are resistant to reving the motor, why bother with a 2-1 pipe?

There are aftermarket 2-1 pipes available, if you decide to go that route. Can’t really help with suggestions since we don’t know what you ride other than “Victory”.

#6 ·
#8 ·
My VEGAS is running Bassani 2 into 1. When I took bike to KEVINX after I bought it and said "do your thang", he said they were best result on his dyno. 2 motors by KEVINX (CC and VEGAS) and NO complaints...WE ALL HAVE HEROES, found mine :dance:

#11 ·
Looks like you've already got the intake replaced, so after you build a better exhaust (sounds like you know what you're doing) and properly tune the bike for your mods, take what you read in the manual and forget you read it. Your bike is no longer stock so don't ride it like it still is.
The Vic motor responds very well to a good 2-1. But with it and an opened up intake your gains are coming in around 3000 rpm. At 2000 rpm you've probably lost Torque. So do yourself and your bike a favor, try riding it for a week cruising above 2500 and shifting above 3000. I bet after a week you'll agree this is better.
If you make pipes out of stainless, wrap the headers for a heat shield. Keep us posted!

#14 ·
Easy way to resize photos: Email the pics to yourself from your phone and when it asks what size you want to send, pick the largest option under 4MB. When you receive the email, save the pic in the email and post that one.

#15 · (Edited)
View attachment 492207 View attachment 492209 I'd like to see how the ports look. Maybe do some porting on it. That adds bottom end for sure when I do it. Here's a sheet metal intake I build and it really lowered the power band. Me and my friend Ryan baisley tapered the runners 1 degree, son of Dan baisley. Kinda crappy pic, I put a plexi glass plenum on it so you could see what was going on inside. Fuel was in a complete mist in there and all mixed up., pulsing very hard. It was cool but back fired and cracked it lol. I wanna make another so I can post a YouTube. It would be my first but a badass one

#16 ·
I usually shift at 2500 or so sometimes less sometimes more. I heard thats right were the owners manuel says to shift at for a minimum I think. I can hear it that it's humming along like there's no load. Says 1st gear 18 mph and that's exactly what I shift at. I'm not trying to be perfect and go by the Manuel it's just what I shift at. Its got a lot of gears and I use them
The only reason you should be shifting at 2500 is because your shifting down because your stopping. It might be fine to shift that way for a Harley but not on a Vic. The lowest i would recommend an upshift is at 3000 rpms. Your not letting the engine perform in the rpms it was engineered to.

• Winner
Reactions: crosscountryla
#17 ·
You guys most have went from a 125 2stroke to the Vic. It’s a big bore , it can handle It. When I do run it down at 1800 the throttle is steady. If i wanna pull it up I pull it up super slow. 50 rpm every 5 sec or so. If u know what your doing and not a couch potato it can do it. I weight 195 pounds so that’s not a big load. Usually down shifting under 1800 rpm. Usually I’ll run it hard from 2400 -3300 or so then shift. Maybe 4000 sometimes

#20 ·
You ride in that range that's fine. All they are saying is the engine peak horse power and torque are above were you ride. The engine starts to come to life about 3000 rpm, that light bike can definitly handle how you ride it. If you are just a cruising guy that never gives it full throttle good for you that bike will last you a very long time trouble free. When you feel like going fast if ever let the rpm's go to about 5,000 then shift the bike, it is a whole new animal up there.

#21 ·
I usually shift at 2500 or so sometimes less sometimes more. I heard thats right were the owners manuel says to shift at for a minimum I think. I can hear it that it's humming along like there's no load. Says 1st gear 18 mph and that's exactly what I shift at. I'm not trying to be perfect and go by the Manuel it's just what I shift at. Its got a lot of gears and I use them
Aag

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.