VOG Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone as the title says I have a 1999 victory 92c basket case I bought for $900. The story is that the previous owner took it to a guy to have the transmission gone through and have broken shifting forks replaced. The guy did the engine work but didn't put the bike back together. So I bought the bike in pieces and have put it back together. The bike runs but doesn't want to idle well. Once you accelerate it goes just fine. Maintains speed well but pops when decelerating. It also show no neutral light even while in neutral. The check engine flashes on the odometer readout. I have two plugs that I couldn't find a place for. I'm wondering if anyone and help me find where they go. There is a white plug under the right side cover that has no home and a single wire that was near the back of the motor that is just a single female plug. Can anyone who has one look at there bike and see where these plugs go?? Please please please.

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
There are some plugs that don't plug into anything-the white one under the right cover is a diagnostic plug for reading/clearing trouble codes & adjusting TPS. The other one could be for your engine temp sensor that could be your issue. If you could post some photos of them it would be helpful. Here's a link to Road Kill Online library, check out the victech albums. Lots of great photos & maintenance procedures for the 99's in his library. Hope this helps.
Roadkill Image Collection

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
There are some plugs that don't plug into anything-the white one under the right cover is a diagnostic plug for reading/clearing trouble codes & adjusting TPS. The other one could be for your engine temp sensor that could be your issue. If you could post some photos of them it would be helpful. Here's a link to Road Kill Online library, check out the victech albums. Lots of great photos & maintenance procedures for the 99's in his library. Hope this helps.
Roadkill Image Collection
Hey thank you. That helped me determine that the plug under the cover was the diagnostic plug. I found the nuetral switch hiding behind the exhaust on the bottom of the engine. That's where the othe wire connected. All fixed thanks for your help. I found a youtube video that showed me how to adjust the tps. Same guy said the popping could be due to the intake leaking air so I am working on that now.

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Glad to help. That MediaFire link tha VN provided has a 99 service manual download that's a must have if your going to keep working on that V92C. They are truly great bikes and deserve to be ridden & enjoyed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.