VOG Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m going to loose the stock 21” front wheel in favor of a different design so I was thinking of moving to a 200 18 rear if it will fit.

Any one running this setup yet?

·
Registered
5,092 Posts
Why do you want to change the rear wheel and tire size? Wouldn’t it just be an unnecessary cost for the swap with no benefit? Can’t see it and a 200x18 isn’t going to be any cheaper. Shorter side wall will most likely increase the tire temp causing shorter tire life.

·
Registered
3,280 Posts
Why do you want to change the rear wheel and tire size? Wouldn't it just be an unnecessary cost for the swap with no benefit? Can't see it and a 200x18 isn't going to be any cheaper. Shorter side wall will most likely increase the tire temp causing shorter tire life.
He's asking about putting a rear rim on the front of his bike.

·
Registered
5,092 Posts
He's asking about putting a rear rim on the front of his bike.
Oh, ok. That is why I was confused!

Is a 160 x 18 front not wide enough? I think that is the limit on how wide you can go without getting new triple trees, which would most likely have to be
Custom made. One off parts like that are usually expensive.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sorry was up for more than 24 hours when I wrote that. I should have been more clear.

I am in fact considering an 18” rear wheel for the rear. Just want to know if it’s even possible to fit. I know you can’t see it but that kind of thing has never stopped me.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.