VOG Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone installed these larger rotors? Do they make a difference in stopping power?
I am in need of new front rotors again, this will make my third set, hoping this upgrade might be the ticket to reduced brake cost.

·
Registered
7,186 Posts
I've heard they're a big upgrade in braking power. How many miles are you getting out of a set of rotors? The rivets on my rear got too loose at 40k but my fronts are still going at 56k hard miles with EBC HH pads.

·
Registered
9,210 Posts
Third set of rotors? Is everything down hill where you live? Can't say about the rotors, but a new set of EBC's made a very big difference. I don't know what was on there when I bought the bike, but they weren't worn out, but not so effective.

• Haha
Reactions: Meisen

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
Yea, I'm curious how many miles you have on your bike.
I'm coming up on 50,000 in under 3 years & have only done 1 set of pads front & rear.
I'm a front brake kinda guy & drag the rear brakes at times thru corners or slow speed stuff.

I have also considered going with the large rotors for better brakes
Hate to say it but American bikes compared to European bikes have $hit for brakes.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
We have some pretty awesome roads here, and I have some pretty fast company i ride with so the front brakes on the Vic get a good workout sometimes. Please keep in mind, we don't have many straight roads here. Nor do i ride on the ones we have if I can avoid them. Hwy 123 and 341 can be brutal on brakes when your riding with a bunch of Vmaxs or sport tourers.
I have 38,000 miles on my XR.
Since I have to do something looks like I will pull the trigger on these rotors, they have to be better than stock.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.