VOG Forum banner
1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Super Moderator
26,121 Posts
My buddies 117 CVO is limited to 112mph he says. He also said that it had more in it.

I'm not convinced.

·
Registered
17,114 Posts
Sure with a 120 BB kit and cams. I'm still not impressed.
Point being this is Victory level performance. Bolt a 116 on to a Vic and you,re right at 140/140. Bolt a 120 onto an M8 and you're just a tad higher. Apples to apples, I'm impressed and I think something's missing from the op.

·
Registered
17,114 Posts
Ok...so...what's missing...I posted the video from George Bryce...it's his comments...
Well for one Cycle World spun a stock 107 on their dyno to 5500 rpm. So which one isn't telling us the full story, is it 4800 or is it 5500?

·
Super Moderator
26,121 Posts
Point being this is Victory level performance. Bolt a 116 on to a Vic and you,re right at 140/140. Bolt a 120 onto an M8 and you're just a tad higher. Apples to apples, I'm impressed and I think something's missing from the op.
Well we'll see how long the bottom end holds out pushing those numbers.

·
Registered
6,846 Posts
that 120 BB looks pretty good.. but my head starting adding up #'s and nope nope nope. I have NO idea how much that BB kit costs.. but when you add in all the other tidbits on your list to make that 140.. and you just priced me out. That was one of the things I really liked about Vic early on.. you can get damn decent performance for not a lot of beans. In fact right now I could prob buy TWO nice vics for the cost of that setup AND have them both running over 100HP for the same money, probably a lot less. I mean, what, that setup as you read it off is over 40 large, right? Adding in the initial cost of the bike as part of the total....

·
Registered
12,827 Posts
I rode all 3 M8 motors. Out of the box they are definitely EPA restricted. Peter out quickly. All of them. Obviously the 117 had the most power/ Tq.
Like all motors they need tune and cams and tuners and bigger this and that.
Vic was the bang for the buck in its day. Today it will cost you plenty to run next to a modified Vic and even a stock tuned Vic.

·
Registered
2,995 Posts
Actually the fuel moto big bore kit is 'only 2g'

Pretty reasonable hp to cost ratio.

Yes we lost a real gem with the death of Victory. Our 10 year old 106 motors still are impressive to tinker with for a V-twin.

The point here is the new M8 is no slouch when tinkered with and not unreasonable when it comes to pricing out those toys.

Intake exhaust tuning is done by probably 75% of bike owners so that cost is a wash.

The big question is how well will the motor hold up? who knows.

My next bike will very likely be an HD since I'm in the Milwaukee area and 'my brand' is dead.

• Angry
Reactions: Poseidon
1 - 20 of 80 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.