+12v Switched Power for Autotune Module | Victory Motorcycles: Motorcycle Forums

+12v Switched Power for Autotune Module

Discussion in 'Tech Q&A' started by wjcbsr, Apr 7, 2011.

1. wjcbsr

wjcbsr New Member

What are you guys tapping into for the power lead on the autotune module? In the instructions it just says tap into a switch +12v lead. Any good suggestions? I'd like to tap in under the seat where I have the autotune located. Thanks in advance, Bill

2. worm5932

worm5932 Member

Type of Motorcycle Currently Riding:
    2010 victory cross roads
    What model bike is it? I am thinking of going this route on my cross roads so keep us posted with your opinion.

3. wjcbsr

wjcbsr New Member

2010 hammer S

4. dionbill

dionbill New Member

I am thinking about doing the same thing myself, and have the same question. wjcbsr - Where did you get your A/F table for your autotune? I have a 2009 Ness Jackpot (same setup as the hammer), and the autotune tuned it nicely based on the A/F table (+/- 1 or 2 max in the trim tables). But i find the bike is running very rich with poor power output, which got me thinking that maybe i don't have the correct A/F table. I also downloaded the PC-V map from Power Commander for the exact setup of my bike and when i ran the autotune it drastically changed the map, again suggesting that i might not have the proper A/F table. Would it be possible for you to send me a screen shot or something of your A/F table so i can compare it to mine? my email is [email protected] Really appreciate your help with this... thanks. Dion

5. ashmostro

ashmostro New Member

2011 Kingpin
    dionbill: What values do you see in your AFR table? 13? 12? 13.5?

6. dionbill

dionbill New Member

It ranges from 13 - 13.7, with a few 12.8.

7. ashmostro

ashmostro New Member

2011 Kingpin
    it shouldn't be running rich at all... and you say the trim table is only trimming a few points up and down? or is that the fuel table? when i first hooked up my autotune i was convinced it was doing something, but it turns out it wasn't. autotune modules are notorious for not immediately "talking" to the main unit. I had to do two consecutive firmware updates with the bike and killswitch to the on position, only then did the autotune really start working. are you getting an AFR signal on your screen with a laptop plugged in and the bike running, or are you getting 0.0 or all 9's?

8. dionbill

dionbill New Member

When i first ran the autotune the trims were really high (+/- 10-20), indicating that the fuel tables were way out. I accepted the trims into the fuel table. With each additional run, the trims kept coming down, suggesting that i was getting closer to the optimum tune. After about the 4th ride, the trims were no more than +/- 1 or 2. I spoke to Power Commander and they told me that once your trims get down to +/- 1 or 2, the bike is properly tuned. When i hook my laptop to the PC-V i can read the fuel table for each cylinder, and the A/F table in the autotune (12.8 - 13.7). I have seen 0's before, but never 9's. Thanks.

9. ashmostro

ashmostro New Member

2011 Kingpin
    Your autotune appears to be working correctly. Is your idle 1000 rpm still? How do you feel you are running way rich? Soft throttle response? Have you tried temporarily turning off autotune with the trims accepted to see if its a dynamic issue?

10. dionbill

dionbill New Member

I run it most of the time with the autotune disengaged. Only run it to tune it really. (every few months, or additionals of new "stuff"). The throttle response is sluggish, acceleration is poor, and i get a weak smell of gas at stop lights and such.

11. ashmostro

ashmostro New Member

2011 Kingpin
    Smart. I wonder if its a fuel delivery issue. Either injector or pump. Have you had aa dealer look at it