VOG Forum banner
1 - 20 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
820 Posts
I though you were gonna show me a receipt from the dealer. That ain't lazy u gotta pump that.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I have on these!!! Never thought about the bike but the Range Rover and BMW is what I use it on....

Reactions: Fox Fader and Pjv1k

·
Registered
960 Posts
Thx for posting this to spur me on:) ive thought about getting one of these for a few yrs but the cost seemed prohibitive. But found princess auto for canadians here has them on sale for 69 buck, regular 109! Jumped on it for 90 including tax and shipping. Its the mightyvac model 7400 version

·
Registered
137 Posts
Does it get all the oil out including filter oil? How much do you add back in
Great question on the cars I use it on they are designed with a guide tube it follows to put it where it gets the most out. Any tips on using it for the motorcycle? Maybe just fish it around inside the pan?

Reactions: Tenax66

·
Registered
4,463 Posts
For the foreseeable future I will continue to put a large piece of cardboard (from an old TV box) under the bike, and the drain pan on top of that, then pull the plug. That paired with my huge insulated shop blanket makes my oil changes very clean and comfortable. Heck I could catch a nap down there while waiting for the bike to drain. Your method requires pumping and moving a hose around, that sounds like a lot of extra work to me and far from lazy.

If I ever decide to go your route I think it would be more fun to build a DIY system like @Pauljp did.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Thats awesome LOL

·
Banned
9,422 Posts
...I would be curious to see what is left behind in the crank case without letting it drain completely (I leave the plug out for over an hour or so, then pour a cup of xtra oil and let that drain to just to make sure if and solid matter or sludge left in the bottom of the case is washed out)

·
Registered
306 Posts
Reactions: Known1

·
Super Moderator
26,158 Posts
Take me now, grim reaper, take me right now. I can't stay here any more...
Can I have your bike?

I promise to change her life blood the old fashioned way.

·
Registered
12,831 Posts
...I would be curious to see what is left behind in the crank case without letting it drain completely (I leave the plug out for over an hour or so, then pour a cup of xtra oil and let that drain to just to make sure if and solid matter or sludge left in the bottom of the case is washed out)
Sludge ? Why would there be sludge in a Vic 106 ?
My friend ....... have you not been reading the oil threads ? Clean fresh oil every 3k. No sludge. I promise.
Oh and the rest of you with this oil pump thingy ......
Why take all the fun out of the oil change ritual. This is a cherished moment that takes place only a few times a year. Lube your barrel ends and check your other maintenance todo's while your also enjoying your favorite beverage.
Carry on.......

Reactions: longhauler
1 - 20 of 106 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.